Friday, May 1, 2020

5/1/20 Good Busy Day At Home?

    Honestly, I was confused today, thinking it was Saturday.  It's a good mistake, as I still have the full weekend to relax.  I was totally useless on Thursday, I got out of bed, played on the computer, napped in the afternoon, then ate dinner and napped some more before going to bed at 1:00am.
    Friday was much more productive.  I got up at 8:00am, drank some coffee, then instead of thinking I need to make some steps or go buy stones or something, I went outside, took a hand spade and made the spot where I wanted the step as flat as possible and just stacked about 4 concrete pavers I had laying around the yard.  They work perfectly and they won't decompose and the best thing is, they didn't cost any money.  I then came inside and was going to celebrate my greatness, but instead I went into the garage and kept working in there on making it cleaner.  Last week, I rounded up a bunch of boxes and cardboard and pushed them towards the front but they would not fit in the trash can.  After almost three hours, I was able to get to the wall where I normally hang the yard tools, and very nicely parked the mowers underneath.
    All the cleaning finally allowed me to reach the bikes I have hanging on the roof.  This is important to me because I want to get back into biking.  Before Javalina was born, I was biking up to 10 miles a day a couple times a week.  My knees are not going to let me run most likely anytime soon, but maybe I can bike since it does not require my whole pain bouncing on each leg.  I filled the tires up and did a small run around the street, but by then I was spent from being hunched over picking up all the crap I was picking up and my knees were killing me.
    Javalina weirdly came out saying he wanted to watch Little Shop Of Horrors, and since I was tired, we all headed to the guest room and we found it on HBO on our Roku.  It was good, he enjoyed it a lot by his reaction.  I probably took a 30 minute nap and I got up paying for it, I was sore all over and could barely walk.  Wife said she was going to sit outside and enjoy the sunset.  I went out with her, but got antsy and decided to tackle our palm trees and start cutting the older leaves hanging down.  Once I figured out how to use the cutter, I did pretty good on one of the trees, but then it got dark, so I will finish later.
    Although I was pretty tired at this point, I decided to call Javalina and we did some bench press while we waited for dinner.  I haven't been lifting much and he has.  He is up to doing sets of 185 pounds.  It was almost too much and I should have taken the weight down, but he was in a hurry as they both usually are, when it is not convenient for them.  By the time I got done doing that and then some curls for my arms, Wife had some burgers ready to eat.  All in all, it was a pretty good and productive day, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment