Saturday, May 23, 2020

5/23/20 First Family Visit? (part 1 of 2)

    I keep asking my mom whether it is a good time to go for a visit and the safest bet always seems to be to wait a bit more.  I agree, but it did feel good to sit amongst Wife's family and laugh and argue like we usually did in the past.  It had been about as long since I had seen my in-laws, sometime before Spring Break, when everything was put on ice and we all were told to go into hiding.  Last night, Wife started telling me about what food they were going to be making for my oldest nephew's on my Wife's side's birthday.  I wasn't even paying attention, other than she said crawfish boil (already sounded gross, to me) and she kept going on and on.  I remember I looked at her and thought why do you care so much about telling me what they are eating?  We aren't going to be there, nobody wants us to visit, as far as I knew.
    I usually wake up early, write something or other for a blog and then go about my day, whether I go back to bed or stay awake for awhile just depends on the mood of the day.  This morning, I mamaged to come down, make a cup of coffee at 7:00am, then fell asleep on the chair, I never even got my cup of coffee, I think it might still be on the coffeemaker (it is now after 11:30pm).  I decided I wanted to sleep more and just walked over to the guest room downstairs, where I sleep half the time anyway.  I slept a good three hours, got up to pee, then slept until 2:00pm.  Wife then came down and asked me if I was going with her or staying, she was going to go visit her family.  Uhhh, I had just woke up and hadn't even looked at 1 story on YouTube and I was already being rushed.  Goddammit, I said.  Go put on your make-up, I'll be up in 10-15 minutes to shower.  I did and then when I got out and was finally ready, Boy and Sweetie also decided they were going, which I thought was going to mean another hour of them getting ready.  They got ready pretty quick, and before I was peeing again for the road, everybody got loaded in Wife's Telluride, I got my backpack, which is now filled with masks and stuff (gloves) to allow us to be in public.
    It was nice to see both boys dressed up in pants and nice shirts, for a change.  As we were leaving, Boy asked a very 1980's question "can we stop at Target, I need film for my Polaroid camera?"  He just said a sad reply to himself "I guess no Target as we turned right to head to San Antonio."  His mom said don't worry, we'll stop on the road, we need a gift for the birthday boy too.  We got as Far as San Marcos, when I had remembered the birthday boy still had what I had thought was "our shotgun".  Both Wife and Boy got squirrelly when I told Boy to remember and get our shotgun back.  Wife was all I don't think it is our shotgun, you told my dad you weren't comfortable with Boy having the guns as his.  Boy tried to tell me I had ruined it with my opinion on guns.  I got mad or defensive because I know I haven't been anti-guns for a long time now and was actually glad we had those guns as they were a fine start to a decent gun collection.  All this was happening as we got off the highway and headed to the Target.  I told Wife if that is the case, stop at Academy, I will get us our own guns.  Academy is next door to Target, but Wife just treats me like a crazed man-child, she says to cut it out, you can get your guns later, after you have a chance to think about it.  I know she was right but in the moment all I can do is "Grrr".

No comments:

Post a Comment