Tuesday, May 19, 2020

5/19/20 Backlash On Covid-19?

    I am no expert, but going by the stories I am reading and listening to on YouTube, it may turn out that the deaths attributed to corona are perhaps artificially elevated.  A study was done with the data from Colorado, according to Crowder (a YouTube conservative who I have begin to listen to), and as much as 25% of the deaths are being removed from the tally of Covid-19 deaths.  Among them were, for example, a guy who committed suicide because he had a family member in the hospital sick with the virus.  His autopsy showed that he tested positive for Corona, so his cause of death is listed as corona.  Another case had a guy pretty much drowning of alcohol, with a Blood Alcohol Reading of .55, and he was listed as a corona death, I guess he too tested positive for corona.
    Another problem for the data is that the mean age for the older population affected by corona is older than the average expected age for a common human to live to (around 79).  As far as I know, humans don't live forever, anyone over 80 who survives an infection such as corona, or even the simple flu, should consider themselves lucky and thank the medical experts who seem to do magic with the advances they make.  As recently as 2018, there were somewhere on the order of 79,000 deaths in the US alone attributed to influenza, still a very potent killer which also kills mostly the elderly and the weak.
    The new numbers being tossed around is not 7% or even 5% which I kept figuring as a safer number for the US.  The new mortality number is below 1% for those under 79.  This means that most people under the age of 70, will be fine, unless there are other complications in your respiratory system.  I think this information is useful, not because I am one of those nut jobs insisting on going out in public because I am bored and it is time, but humans are not meant to be solitary creatures.
    Yes, you might be safer from corona if you self-isolate, but you also increase your chance of depression, suicidal thoughts, drinking too much, or getting involved in other self defeating activities.  I don't know what is the best course of action to take.  When this started I thought, well, the easiest way to get around this is to just let the whole country be exposed and let the cards fall where they may.  This gave me a slight panic attack, since they had mentioned that the obese are a prime target to die, but then it seemed like the adults in control had a plan.  I don't think they really do.  If we just have to wait a few months and a vaccine is coming, then I guess we can tough it out in hiding at home.  If there is no real game plan, then why act as if there is.  People eventually get back to doing what they do, and I know everyone is itching to get back to their regular routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment