Friday, May 29, 2020

5/29/20 Just When You Think You Are Ahead Of Your Credit Cards?

    I am starting to think it might not be possible to ever get out of the shadow of our credit cards.  We have done some serious damage to our credit card usage and even as far as a couple weeks ago, I was naively thinking "ahhh, we have defeated the credit monster."  I guess I forget that the monster is always hearing and he does not like being left behind.  We had just made this deal with Boy to give me half his government stipend, to help us out, and he had agreed, but then he gets a bill for $598.00 for dental work he got done in January.  He is now past the age of 26, so he is not on our insurance plan and he isn't working since Nano went belly up.  Instead of taking on the bill, I told him to pay it with the money he was going to give us.  Grrrr, but at least the bill goes away.  
    Last week, Wife told him to get the inspection done on his Edge so she can drive it on alternate days, so she doesn't have to put all those miles on her car.  He then causally mentions how bad the tires on the front of his car look.  I had to call him out on this.  I said "come on Boy, you are 26, I can't just keep buying you tires every time you wear them out.  I bought you two tires last year when the alignment was so bad the tires got eaten up, it is the same thing?"  He said "No, it's just they are old."  Well then, replace them, it's only two tires and you are getting a nice unemployment check.  I looked them up, they go for about $157, he was trying to get out of it saying he would go today because he wanted to sleep in yesterday, but I got him out the door by 4:50pm and he was back by 6:30pm.  They even found a nail in one of the good tires which they also fixed.
    Yesterday, thinking I had a long weekend of doing nothing, Wife calls to tell me I will be taking Javalina to the dentist.  I got a little pissy, but I figured the sooner we go, the better.  When we got there I asked the lady that answered the phone if this was for a cleaning or for extra work.  She said they were going to work on his crown and I told her I would rather not, specially since he hasn't complained about any pain.  She said we could reevaluate in 6 months.  The last crown was like $600.
    Last night, Wife got home tired from work and we went up to our room by like 7:00pm.  We were asleep early, which means I got up at 2:30am, looking for something to do.  I was going to look at our bills, I am getting excited we are getting closer and closer to getting out of credit debt.  Boy sees me at the stairs and casually mentions "Oh yeah, the dryer stopped working a while ago."  Damn it! is all I thought.  I started looking at the dryers on the Best Buy website, but then I thought of YouTube.  After looking for solutions to the F40 code, I ordered the part which I have already taken off at a cost of $16.  If this works, I will have saved me the cost of at least a $400 dryer.  Something else will pop up and make me get in debt soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment