Monday, May 4, 2020

5/4/20 Wow, People Are Estupid?

    I can't say it any other way, damn people are dense.  After a little wrestling with the Wife in bed, I wanted to be productive yet again today, so I wanted to go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get a piece of wood for the project I have going on the patio.  I could not believe the volumes of people out there, I mean, I get other stores, most everything has been closed and people have been cooped up, but both these stores have been open all along.  There is no reason for people to be piling into the store like it's Christmas Shopping time.  I thought maybe it just might be the Mexicans over here on the east side.  So, we made the drive over to Brodie and the Lowe's and Home Depot were maybe even more full.  I didn't even bother entering the parking lot, we could see cars parked on the farthest of parking slots, I mean over where they have the sheds, there were cars next to them.
    We did drive through the parking lot at the Lowe's on Stassney Lane and sure enough there went Chuy, a big ole Mexican man with no face covering at all.  All the people looking through the plants, with their shitty kids in tow looked the same.  A face covering hanging down below their chins or just simply hanging around their necks.  This did not make me feel safe in the smallest bit.  I told Wife we should just forget about it.
    We then tried the Best Buy here in Southpark Meadows and it was full of people, with the now customary lines outside letting only a few people in at a time.  Javalina wanted a game and even gave us $60 to get it for him.  I asked Wife if she wanted to get off but she was quick to say no.  We then tried the other Best Buy and they had a different approach.  They were set up outside to deliver anything "curbside" to your car.  So we sat in the car, ordered the games online and twenty minutes later, we got a text that it was ready to be picked up.  The only problem with this was the dude talking to us , getting about 3 feet to the window on Wife's side was not wearing a cover.  I told him "Hey, cover up Dude.."  I didn't want to sound like a puss, but it is the one instruction we have been given to try and keep society running.  He had it in his hand and promptly put it on, the Dummy.
    It would be fucking hilarious if not for it being a tragedy, but after Georgia being stupid and running at the forefront of going back to "normal", now the governor was on TV saying they have 4500 new cases in the past week.  Our numbers will be undoubtedly larger, after all, this is Texas and we do everything big.  So congratulate yourselves guinea pigs, they gave y'all free rein and how quickly everyone ran amok.  There is no way this doesn't negatively affect the corona numbers for the state.  None of those open stores were practicing 25% capacity, I couldn't remember the last time I saw the parking lots so full, and the stupid part was that Lowe's and Home Depot have been open all along, so the question is "Why?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment