Wednesday, May 13, 2020

5/13/20 Another Holiday, Mother's Day, By Ourselves?

    Technically, we had plans to be with my family yesterday, for Mother's Day, but I guess that a-holes plumber's sister-in-law decided her selfishness was more important.  Anyways, we had another good quiet day at home.  I got up around 11:00am, we were up until at least 4:00am watching Netflix Saturday night, which can be fun.  It seems I always fall asleep for a little bit around midnight.  If Wife can wait a half hour to an hour, I will then wake up and be energized for the rest of the night.  I got up, made my coffee and debated about going to Target.  I really wanted to, but I was also feeling extremely lazy, so I just sat with my coffee and little coffee cake.  Wife came down before 1:00pm and was showered and ready for the day.  I can't say no to her.  She asked if I wanted to go to Target, me sitting in my house shirt, underwear and halfway through my cup of coffee, I just gave her a weak "sure."
    I didn't think we needed much, we planned on grilling a lot of the meat we got from the meat market, but we were surprised to see meat of all kinds and with a possibility of a shortage of meat just being talked about on TV, we bought what we could.  We got some packs of burgers, some pork and some more chicken breast packages, limit two of each.  We were really just planning on getting some sodas and junk food, but before you know it, all this other stuff seemed important.  They finally had Charmin toilet paper, I got a huge pack with 30 rolls equaling 120 rolls.  I told the checkout girl thanks for that. We were a few rolls from having to use the generic rough looking stuff, and I kind of made the joke that I have a delicate butt, with Wife goading me along.
    We came back and I got the grill ready, cleaned it and loaded it with fresh charcoal.  We let it sit for awhile, 3:00pm seemed too early to start grilling, for us.  We came back in, I made some Velveeta cheese with breakfast sausage and salsa.  We ate some of this over chips and some avocado slices.  We usually only make this around Christmas time, but why not?  It was fun to watch a couple of episodes of Kim's Convenience while we waited for 6:00pm, to start the grill.  Javalina, after talking all week that he would make a cake, finally took over when he saw me open the cake box and get the eggs.  Boy was around, but didn't really contribute much, he spent the bulk of the day visiting Sweetie's family.
    As far as the BBQ, it turned out really good.  Boy never asks for more food and he really loved the sausages.  I ate a T-bone, the smaller side was really good and flavorful, the larger side was probably overcooked, it was really tough.  The sirloin was full of flavor too.  I will not have a problem getting more meat from them, if we need to, they are a lot more expensive than what we would like to pay, but beggars can't be choosers, maybe.
    I promptly went to lay down and nap after eating, thinking Wife would follow me and we would watch at least one more show.  Instead, she went upstairs to gather her clothes and shower.  Around 11:00pm I started thinking she wasn't going to come down and I went upstairs to see that she was already in bed with the lights off.  I kissed her, said goodnight and went back downstairs to continue my night, first off, by filling the outside trash can with more junk from the garage that I had already separated as trash.  I was then up until 5:00am by myself downstairs, watching videos, eating cake, and enjoying my night off.

No comments:

Post a Comment