Wednesday, May 27, 2020

5/27/20 Racism Is Alive And Well?

    I try to be positive and whenever I encounter something I see as uncomfortable, my first take is to assume the other person is just having a bad day.  On the other hand, I don't usually put myself in situations where I have to defend my actions against another, just because my ego has run amok.  My family pretty much see racism every time they come and visit, sometimes I am left flabbergasted at their thought process.  I might throw in a simple "can't they have made a mistake?"  No, my family members will always argue that I am blind to it because I live here and I want to pretend it's nicer than it is.  Luckily, I have never encountered anything as grotesque as these two incidents that I guess occurred over the weekend.
    The first situation occurred after the cops were called on a situation where a black guy was trying to cash some fake checks or something like that.  Next thing we see is the police officer holding down the offending person, he is already face down and the bigger cop has his knee and it seems his entire weight on the criminal.  He must have forgot that even if he is a criminal, he is a human first and you just can't treat a person that poorly.  I have seen the position and it is very good at controlling the perp at least until handcuffs can be applied.  As far as the story says, the cop just stayed on top of the man for over five minutes applying pressure to his neck.  The man repeatedly yelled that he couldn't breath, eventually he died, probably at a hospital.  I have no problem with the cops beating the shit out of somebody, specially after a car chase or the criminal acting like an asshole, punch him, throw him to the ground, but once you have the upper hand, the officer needs to act more professionally.
    The next story might be more blatant on the racism scale, a birder walking down a trail ran into a woman in the middle of Central Park in New York.  He told the lady to put her dog on a leash and suddenly her inner Karen was awoken.  She threatened the man first to stop filming her, and then she threatened to call the cops saying she was being attacked by a black man.  He said "go ahead, call them."  We then get to hear some pretty amazing acting in which Karen the bitch becomes the poor little girl victim being pursued by a big black man.  The only problem was that the black man had a camera and caught everything on film.  As a result, Karen lost her job, when her employer saw this going viral on the internet.  She had to return the dog to the place where she "rescued it".  She then put out an apology, but really, does the apology mean anything?  All he said was to put the dog on a  leash, was it really that bad of a suggestion?  You obviously never have the dog under control in the two minutes you are trying to cry wolf.
    I absolutely hate people like this.  They use our city resources to try and scare and manipulate.  They never see life through the other person's eyes, only through their own and how they are wronged by the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment