Friday, May 22, 2020

5/22/20 Why Do Scumbags Want Nice Shit?

    I just saw yet another Active Self Protection video of some random piece of shit human stealing for the sake of having something he can't or shouldn't be able to afford.  The kid comes in acts like he is looking at the cases of jewelry and talking on his phone, then when he feels like the time is right, he pulls out a gun and demands the "Rowlexes", all of them.
    I am sorry, but I feel insulted when someone gets to wear what I consider a badge of honor without earning it.  I have a Rolex, and it was quite a commitment to invest and pay for the almost $9,000.  The first one I got nearly 18 years ago was "only" $5000.  It sounds ugly, but I have earned the right to wear these, I worked hard through school, I have done everything as society has told me to in order to consider myself a successful person, I may carry a bit of credit card debt, but I pay my bills all on time, so I see no wrongdoing there.
    These nothing a-holes who just wave a gun and get to wear what I have worked all my life for just bring down the value of the name.  I have nothing against rappers who adorn themselves in expensive watches and everything else, it is part of the lifestyle and I get it.  Like it or not, the music sells and some of these guys are crazy rich, so buy whatever you want.  The problem comes when the little fans working minimum wage then want to emulate their heroes and realize that $7/hr ain't gonna help get you to even an Air-King (entry level Rolex).
    I equate someone who doesn't deserve to wear one in the same sense as someone buying a Super Bowl ring at a pawn shop, or hanging a degree from a University on your wall that you didn't earn.  The athlete who earned that ring should feel all the joy and pride that goes with the hard work to earn that ring.  Same with earning a degree, enjoy it on the wall, let company gaze upon your accomplishments.  Well, how does a punk ass who barely works deserve to wear a $10,000-20,000 watch?  I know it seems ridiculous to spend that kind of money, but I am being conservative, they quickly go up from there.  And if I have "extra" money and wish to treat myself, what should society care, provided I have earned it.
    There are many things that I want from life.  I want to drive a big truck, I want a boat attached to the truck, and I would even like a smallish second home on some waterfront property somewhere.  The difference between me and that scumbag is that I am going to work hard all my life and when I get those things, they will be mine because of hard work, dedication, and persistence.  As far as the store that got held up, I can't deny that I blame them a little bit.  The store manager was fucking around with his shoes not paying attention.  I'm sorry, but black or not, if a young kid comes into your jewelry store wearing a big hoodie, almost covering his face, not really paying attention on his phone, you gotta think something is not right.  This was in Houston, the owner/manager had to have a gun somewhere nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment