Monday, May 18, 2020

5/18/20 Another Long Weekend?

    Man, these weeks are getting weirder as we keep going.  I went in and worked about three hours on Wednesday night and pretty much left with no work left to do.  I was home by 10:00pm, so I guess technically I worked four hours.  Since everyone is up until almost the morning, it seems like my weekend started on Wednesday night.  Everything was fine until Boy decided he needed to cook breakfast at 4:30am.  I could not fall asleep with the strong smell of breakfast sausage and beans cooking in the air, it was offensively strong.  Wife told me in the morning that her sleep was ruined even if Boy offered her breakfast tacos to go, now that I think about it, this had to be Wednesday morning because Wife did not go to work on Thursday.  But Javalina managed to wake her on Thursday morning by offering to make me grill cheese sandwiches at again, 4:00am and then burning the crap out of the toast.  This put out a horrid smell of burning in the whole house and again Wife woke, texted us all that we were not allowed to cook anymore between the hours of midnight and 6am.
    I don't think I stepped out of the house on Thursday, not even to the patio in front or back all day.  I could almost say the same thing on Friday, but Wife wanted to go get some groceries, which we did, at HEB.  This might have been the smallest of attempts at getting things we need, but at least right now, we have plenty of meat, and even pizzas, which I believe we have something like 6-7 of the frozen variety.
    This now sets us up to either be snacking or napping all weekend long.  The funniest thought to me was that after sleeping until 4:00pm on Friday, I called my brother to suggest he watch a show, he said he was up to his elbows in court documents getting ready for a court case.  While I had been taking it easy the last two days, he had been working, that just blew my mind, I am usually the schmuck working while everyone around me is hanging out.
    Sunday was our grilling day and we had picked up some ribs to put on the grill alongside some sausages and fajitas.  The whole day was laid back and slow.  We watched a Matrix movie every night from Friday-Sunday.  We decided to watch the last one before we grilled around 4:00pm and finished sometime around 6:30pm.  I then went and lit the grill and we hung out outside by the pool as the sun set.  We then ended up eating around 9:30pm.  This seems late but it is quite normal for us to eat at that time.  We then retired to the smaller TV room, I like to nap after I eat which I did.  Wife watched some of her recorded shows until I woke an hour later, and then we saw the last episodes of the season for Goldbergs and Schooled.  This got us to around 1:00am.  Wife went to sleep and I stayed awake on and off until 6:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment