Tuesday, May 26, 2020

5/26/20 Another Stye?

    I got out of work feeling like I had a pimple starting up in my eyelid last night.  I kind of figured it might be another stye, but I didn't have a way to get a good look at work.  I stayed longer than I wanted to and I certainly didn't want to waste time going into a bathroom out of my way, so I just walked, assuming it wouldn't be in full bloom to scare the natives.  By the time I got home it felt like something was definitely there, but the eyelid wasn't really messed up or looking funky yet.
    I sat and ate dinner, wrote a blog for yesterday, even though it was already late, and waited.  I was up until at least 3:30am before I felt so tired I needed to lay down.  Wife woke me at 5:00am that she was leaving for work, yes driving to La Pryor, so I walked her out but felt like my eye had doubled in size in that 1-2 hours of laying down.  As soon as she left I headed to the bathroom to see what was going on and gah!, grossness on my eyelid.  It looked like I had been punched hard in the upper eyelid, all fat and kind of droopy over my eye.
    I remember that one treatment is to take a hot compress and push at the stye.  The idea is to push the fluid out of the tear duct, which is all a stye is, a tear duct that got infected with something.  Wife likes to say it is because I lay there scratching and grabbing at my nether regions and then I poke at my face.  Maybe, but shouldn't my own body be immune to stuff I have on me already?
    If it wasn't corona time, I would go to the minute clinic to get that ointment to put on my eyelid, but of course, I could get the whole "you are dying, go to the E/R now!" crap again.  Worst case scenario, it'll clear itself up in less than a week, so I just have to bear it.  I had another stye about 4-5 months ago and I remember it went away by itself after about 4 days.  I am not going to worry about it, I pretty much work by myself once I get past the lobby in Bldg4 where all the security and thermal scanners are to check our temperature before coming in to work.  Plus, it is a short week and I already got past day one.  I just need to go in tonight and tomorrow and I am done for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment