Saturday, May 16, 2020

5/16/20 Haircut Delivery Service?

    Yesterday, we had DD visit for the first time since Corona.  We were a little hesitant but after a while, glad he visited.  It has been such a long time since we have had anyone here to talk to.  I guess part of the conversations yesterday had to do with everybody needing a haircut and the fact that his sister is a hair stylist.  We've known the sister since she was like 11 or so but she has hardly visited the last few years.
    It was nice to see her and catch up with her.  She has had a baby and looks a little stockier and bigger than the last time we saw her a few years ago, but still has the cute dimples.  She made fastwork on everybody.  Javalina has the big head of hair looking like Maui and she cleaned up about 6 inches of split ends and dry hair.  The hair is still shoulder length but looks much healthier and thicker.  Wife got a trim as well, it had been awhile for everybody.  Boy got his hair trimmed and then Sweetie followed.  Even the brother got his hair cut while he sat there and talked.
    I thought the price was fair at $18 a head, everyone just gave her $20 and she got done in less than two hours.  If her brother paid her, she made $100 in about two hours, and that is pretty good.  She mentioned that before Corona she was working in a shop and paying $300 a week for her station.  This has been much more lucrative for her as she gets to keep all the money without paying someone for the space.
    I did what I always do as she remembers me being a bit of a perv back when we all got together every weekend.  I jokingly told her she could cut my hair but it would be in private up in the bathroom.  she got all panicky and silly saying no but she loved the idea of coming over whenever she needed to feel better about herself as I always know how to say the wrong thing in a funny way and I boosted her self confidence.
    About as soon as she finished, she got all her stuff together, I did worry about a blade she used to cut the hair extra short on DD but she said she changed the blade on that tool in lieu of dipping it in the blue stuff you normally see at a barbershop.  She then gave us all a hug and took off, she said she had two more houses to go and cut before the end of the day.  It is interesting how people are finding ways to keep going and as far as this house, everybody needed a haircut.  I didn't go for it because I do my own hair and I have my own clippers up in my bathroom.
   All in all, it was good that she visited, I think.  We helped her out a bit, she does have a kid now, and she got everyone's hair under control for a few weeks, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment