Friday, November 1, 2019

11/1/19 Halloween Night Was Cold But Nice?

    I can say I had a very nice Halloween day and evening.  Wife got up with me, she is here for a couple days she decided to take off.  She also talked me into taking Wednesday night off, so after Javalina's bone chilling game, we have been able to just hang out and take it easy.  I got up with the idea of drinking my usual cup of coffee, and we had even bought some donuts after the game Wednesday night, but nope.  After about 5-10 minutes of being downstairs, Wife came down in warm-ups and was ready to head out.  She got wind that the old Garden Ridge, not called At Home was having a 50% sale on all their Halloween stuff and we went and spent a couple hundred bucks on new decorations and stuff.
    After that, we had a light brunch at Taco Cabana, I had been wanting brisket tacos and they got some good ones.  I got distracted by their "grand nacho plate" but I should have known when the twit behind the counter asked if we wanted cheese on it that it would be a disappointment.  How are they nachos if they don't have cheese, that's just chips with shit on top?  I ordered 1 brisket taco and Wife ordered a fajita taco along with the nachos.  Although they were mediocre at best, the lunch was still great in that we were sitting there hanging out on a Thursday at noon when all the other ne-er do-wells hang out with not a care in the world.  I sometimes get a little curious and jealous of those that don't seem to work and you see them hanging out in the middle of the week.  We finally got to be those peeps, for a change.  We are both always running around trying to do the right thing, it is nice to take a break.
    We then got our food for the night, too much if you ask me, but hey, better to have stuff and not use it than to need stuff and not have it.  We brought a bunch of sodas, they did not have perfect briskets like we wanted, so we ended up buying two kind of small pieces and cooked them together.  The large whole ones were in the $60-$80 range and they seemed loaded with fat.  These smaller ones were at least trimmed of all the extra fat.  I had already bought some candies, but we decided we needed more, so we got another three big bags, I had gotten 5 but had already opened 2 to fill my personal bowls that we keep on the kitchen island.  We then ran home, put away the food and then took showers, we had not even done that yet.  We ran over and picked up Javalina from school at 5pm and then stopped at Target.  We sat and had their little Pizzas, it had been 6-7 hours since our lunch and our boy was hungry, we got a couple more last minute things and headed home.  The door was actually full of kids wanting their candy, luckily Girlie and her BF were working the door while we got in and got ready.  The BF has a Spider Man costume he wears anytime a costume is warranted, like for birthday parties and stuff, so he was enjoying himself, Girlie borrowed a costume from my stash, and I went upstairs and put on the first thing I saw that would fit me.  I ended up putting on a sleleton costume which seems like an oxymoron on a 400 pounder, but what are you gonna do?  We eventually took over the candy detail and took some pics amongst our new decorations.  It seems we have become a house focused on Nightmare Before Christmas with blow up Oogie Boogie, and others, and then we found stuffed Jack and Sally that stretch over 6 feet tall.  It was nice because our old decorations had seen better days.
    We had old friends stop by, including Girlie's mom, who has been sick, another of the mom's from back when Boy was in high school.  We had a nice night, Boy's GF made some sweets with Boy and his friend, and Javalina stayed in the mix all night, debating whether he was going to stay home todayor not.  He kept sneaking sips from my various drinks, so I thought he would have a bit of a hangover plus he is still sore all over from the football game, but he got up and his brother took him, so goof for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment