Friday, November 15, 2019

11/15/19 Thursday Evening At Home?

    I know I am off every other Thursday, but for some reason they never feel like just normal week nights.  Last time I was off on Thursday, it was Halloween and we had all that stuff going on.  This week was as normal as a day gets and I have to say, it was mostly nice.
    My weekend started at really 6:30am.  For once, there was not much work and I wrapped everything, including passdown and even timecard before then.  By this point I was ready to go, but technically, I am supposed to stay until 8:00 since I work a 12 hour shift.  I don't mind hanging out listening to music and watching stuff online, lately I've been obsessing over the idea of a new car.  Anyway, at 8:00am, I was all set to go when my old weightlifting coworker texted that he was in the breakroom making coffee, so I went over to bullshit for awhile.  By the time I realized, it was 9:00am, I left about then, but stopped at Target to get some things so we wouldn't have to run around for apparently we're hobbits because Javalina requires a dinner and a supper.  I bought stuff to make spaghetti, and we already had some pork strips to cook.
    Javalina was being a pain in the butt, as he can be about wanting to go to Bill Miller, which we had gone to on Tuesday, I said no.  He also complained that his toes were freezing and he took my gloves but said they didn't keep his hands warm.  I was already thinking I wanted to go to Academy, so we headed over there while he whined about being hungry.  I bought him some gloves of his own, some wool socks to wear and we looked at the jackets, but he still only settled on another light thing not much thicker than a hoodie.
    We got home and I cooked the pork strips and some mashed potatoes, and it was delicious.  This was around 6:30pm.  I then, as a smart-ass asked him if I should now start supper.  He gave me a half smirk, but I knew he would be hungry in a couple of hours.  Wife called, I love that woman, but man, it's always do this and do that.... can't you just call and have some jokes?  I had already planned on taking down the Halloween stuff, yet she has to tell me to do it, which I hate.
    I sat in the kitchen as I normally do, Javalina laid in the living room waiting to interject anytime we made a joke or commented about him.  Boy and Sweetie were in and out, they made their own dinner even as I offered them spaghetti, Boy was in the mood for potato soup, so they went and bought that to make.  Girlie came down and baked some cookies for work, then went to the other room to watch some baking shows.  I took down some stuff with the help of Boy and some stuff with the help of Javalina and put it in bins and even put the bins away.  I then made my spaghetti dinner after Girlie made some chili for frito pie and Boy boiled his potatoes.  I ended up just making one box of spaghetti, and we ate as much as we could and there was still plenty left over.  I thought it was weird/funny that in one evening Javalina and I had 2 different meals, and we cooked a total of 4 different dinners.
    I tried calling Wife again around 9:00pm, but I think she fell asleep early.  It sucks that she misses out on this simple nice evenings where we just hang out like that.  I love the energy here with Javalina sitting there waiting to pounce on anything he can call insulting which will get him up and arguing (in a fun way), Boy knows how to poke his buttons, and Sweetie is getting into the whole teasing and joking that we do.  Her phone beeped and she mentioned it was for her birth control, I said "good, keep it up, we are proud of you."  She came back with a nah, I am going to mess it up and give you five girl grandbabies.  I always retort that Boy has only boy sperm because I made him and I am all man.  She doesn't like my science, but that makes it fun.
    The fun continued until around midnight when I went to bed.  Javalina stays up until 11:00pm, which I don't mind since he still manages to wake himself up by 6:30am and he showers and eats.  Boy is usually up until 1:00am in his room with Sweetie.  I went in there to say goodnight and he is gaming on his TV and Sweetie is gaming on her laptop, I think they make a fine pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment