Wednesday, November 27, 2019

11/27/19 I Need To Quit Trying To Flip Over?

    My folks were here this past weekend and although I seem distracted and out of it, I do enjoy having them here.  I get a kick out of my dad being himself, kind of a pain in the ass possibly realizing it and doing it for fun, or oblivious to his actions, but still somewhat funny.  His best one this time was at Logan's.  He orders unsweet tea and while the waiter is trying to get the next drink order my dad is pointing at the middle of the table yelling "pinkies!"  "Pinkies!"  The waiter is trying to figure out what and my mom says he needs Sweet and Low (they come in the pink packages).  This is funny even if my mom is embarrassed by her man spouting nonsense.  My problem is only exposed when I have to interact with them because they are the only people I try to flip my way of living for.
    I work nights and that has been the case for the last 20+ years.  I don't mind it, I like sleeping during the day, I like being up in the middle of the night.  When it is just my family, meaning Wife and my boys, it is easy enough.  Wife knows that I like to go eat and she knows that like a big baby after I eat, I like to take a nap.  I will normally get up earlier than anyone and write these blogs and look at YouTube videos and whatever crap that interests me until the rest of the family joins me.  This is when I am usually looking to fall asleep.  I worked Sunday night (and I am a whore, if there is OT I will take it even if I am on vacation), but had told my mom I would get up and join them for breakfast/lunch.  I got home at 7:00am, then I was up until 9:00am hoping my folks would get up.  Once I laid down I didn't get up until noon.  I barely caught them packing and leaving.  My mom wasn't upset, she said to go back and get more sleep, but I still felt like I ignored them on their way out.
    Once they were gone, we got together and went and had lunch at Chicken Express.  Of course, when we finished I just wanted to come home and lay down.  Honestly, I had only slept three hours, so I wasn't really being selfish or trying to sleep the day away, this is one of the sacrifices of working nightshift.  I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon/evening away.  Wife wanted to sit and watch TV in the living room after we cleaned up our bedroom a bit, but I just dropped on the mattress where my brother slept and I was out.  I woke intermittently, to eat dinner, wife made a great spaghetti, and I watched a little TV as Wife came back and forth.  As soon as everyone went upstairs (after midnight) and Wife sent Javalina back down to get me, I woke and then I was up for the night.
    I ironed like 6 shirts for the boys, then I sat where Wife normally sits, it was a bit stuffy (she was asleep, it was around 3:00am).  Then I started thinking of our bills and came back down to make sure everything had gotten paid.  After this, I started watching YouTube videos and before I knew it, it was 8:00am and I forced myself to go to bed.  It is about 1:00pm, Wife is making potato and sausage with eggs and depending on where we might go after, I might just take my big baby nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment