Sunday, November 24, 2019

11/24/19 FInally Celebrated Mijo's Birthday?

    It took an extra day, but we finally celebrated Mijo's birthday, he suggested going to eat at Pappadeaux for lunch.  We went and ate probably around 3:00pm, and it was a good time, because everytime we have gone, that restaurant is always full.  I think a lot of the normal people that would be eating there were distracted by the UT/Baylor football game.  The game had started at 2:30pm, there were couples at most booths, most of the tables were empty.  We got the biggest round table, which I like because you can see everyone, but it leaves the appetizers in a weird no man's land where they are just too hard to reach for.
    Javalina took two of his friends that spent the night, which I enjoy doing, specially when you hear from then that they have never eaten at a place like this and they are just left saying "wow."  Even cooler, the two guests were not playing around like girls that wouldn't taste anything.  They were sampling everything they could get their hands on.  I got fried oysters on my plate and they looked a little too gross for me, but the boys had them and one of them liked them so much, he took the half that my mom bit and put down when she decided she didn't like it.  They also tried gator bites, squid and octopus on an appetizer plate, and then their meals.  I thoroughly enjoyed everything, I try not ordering a fried platter, but then I am left liking the way they look.  I ordered that and there were just too many fries making the plate look big.
    We sang Happy Birthday there to Javalina and we left.  He wanted to come home, but we went to Central Market to get some sort of cake to celebrate at home.  We ended up getting individual pastries for everybody, which is a little weird because it ends up being mostly cupcakes and a few small round cheesecakes.  It all worked out and by the time we were finished eating that delicacy, it was about time to go to the movies.  Instead of going to Fiesta Texas, the boys opted to go watch Frozen 2.  It seemed a little "gay", but the boys are still young at heart and they did have a good time.  At the same time they were watching Frozen, we went and watched the Mr. Rogers Neighborhood movie.  I thought Tom Hanks did a great job with the role, but I will talk about it on my next blog.
    My mom did have one slight meltdown and ended up yelling at me and my brother.  When we got out of Central Market, it was already dark and she asked (very casually I thought) if I wanted to drive.  I thought it was more to save her from following Wife, but I figured we were already at Ben White, so she should know more or less how to get home.  After I eat any big meal, my eyes just close by themselves.  After awhile, I wake to panicked voices and mom had missed the turn at Slaughter Lane from Manchaca and then she was upset and felt lost.  She said at home that at night she has a hard time seeing.  I thought it was a suggestion of "do I want to drive?"  that is more of a required "someone else needs to drive."  Anyways, we all got home safe but a little bit yelled at.

No comments:

Post a Comment