Friday, November 22, 2019

11/22/19 On Adam Carolla Taking On Snowflakes On College Campuses?

    I think Adam is doing the Lord's work.  Something needs to start the pendulum going in the opposite direction, and although I am much younger than Carolla, I fully agree that this generation has turned into quite the monster squad, full of self entitled douche nozzles and gold star heroes.
    I have two boys we are raising together with my wife, and I have always treated my boys in a way that they know they are not out in the real world to act like they are special.  I frequently remind them that out in the real world the two of you ain't shit and nobody wants to hear you being an expert at anything.  Your job for the first 20 years of your life is to be a sponge and learn and absorb as much as possible from anyone wanting to teach you.
    I find it hard to believe that some know nothing kid can take a stand and act like an authority on anything, especially a campus.  Like Adam said, these kids were brought up with too much self-esteem.  No 18 year old should think to himself, "I know more than anyone around here and that is wrong."  Yes, if someone is trying to touch your bathing suit regions, go to town and sound the alarm, but just because someone has different thoughts than you does not mean they should be arrested.  What these kids don't see is that when only their opinion is allowed to exist, well then you have created a hostile environment yourself.
    When did just boycotting something go out of fashion?  When I was a student at UT, there were talks of all kinds all the time.  I was never interested in listening to anyone and thus I never attended any public discussions or campus shenanigans.  Did I get hurt or lose anything of value?  I don't think so.  These so called snowflakes should just mind their own business, stop trying to save everyone.
    I think this problem was exacerbated by the modern father disappearing from the nuclear family.  As a father, I love my boys but I also smack them down when they are acting bigger than they are.  I don't think mothers have that ability or it doesn't have the same effect.  Mama's are good at telling their babies how great they are and how they will go out and conquer the world.  I don't think a good mama would tell her kid "you don't know shit, that's why we are sending you to college."  From my experience, mothers are the positive and dads are the negative in the to and fro that a kid should experience to reach a stable point which allows him/her the ability to weigh the value of any message picked up in the outside world.  I think these "Snowflakes" have been fed way too much smoke up their collective asses and been told "you are my special Boy/Girl and you have a gift to give the world, You!"  What we are getting is so much poop because come on, 20-somethings don't know shit except what they have been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment