Sunday, November 3, 2019

11/3/19 Getting Into That Holiday Feeling?

    Like it or not, once Halloween arrives and leaves us, there isn't much time left before the next big holiday.  It feels lie being off for these five days is just moving us along through November much too quickly.  It is already November 3, which means I have to get my butt in gear and start putting away our Halloween decorations and breaking out the Christmas stuff.  I feel much like we did for Halloween, that it is time to spend some money on some new decorations, most of our Christmas stuff we've had for years, I don't think we have bought much new stuff in the last couple years.  I liked that most of everything we put out this year for Halloween was from the same thing making us look semi organized.
    I would like to do the same for Christmas, starting with the tree, just this Friday night, Wife and I went to Lowe's and we saw an "upside down tree", not sure if it's from Harry Potter or what movie, but it gets bigger/wider as it goes up.  That could be a fine addition to our decorations, for starters.
    We still haven't decided whether we will be here or on the move for the holidays.  I would prefer to be here as it makes it easier for afterwards to just run up and fall asleep in my own bed, but I think Wife enjoyed being on the road last year.  I didn't like it that we basically missed both dinners at our respective parents houses and really didn't get much credit for attempting to show up.  For the acknowledgement given, I'd rather eat KFC at home and at least I can relax and not be on the road all day, but we'll see what Wife decides on.  Christmas is the one I won't give in on.  I want to be home on Christmas Eve, even with the boys being old enough to understand the whole theatrics of Santa and such, I still prefer to be in my house come Christmas morning.
    I don't know what to expect for the holidays this season.  Wife and I already talked about not exchanging gifts, it's just money we piss away.  Unless she is buying me a Seadoo Fish and Ski, there isn't much I need.  I don't need jewelry, I'm not a chick, I don't need electronics, I can get those myself, clothes are iffy at my manatee size.  I could take a Yamaha VX deluxe PWC, but that is just shaving hairs, if it gets me on the water, I guess I'll be happy.  In a pinch, I BOTE would do.
    Wife is even worse than me.  Nothing I give her really makes her happy.  She would rather I not bother and keep the money in our pocket.  I could try and give her money, but she would find a reason to complain about that "this money is not green enough..."
    EIther way, I got three weeks coming up that I will be off in the next two months and that is something to be happy about.  This extra day off has felt really refreshing, I needed the time off.  Wife and I were snapping at each other over the littlest things, I think we just needed a little more time together, I feel calmer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment