Wednesday, November 13, 2019

11/13/19 Making A Winter Wonderland?

    I don't know about Winter Wonderland, this is Texas, after all.  The fact is that our house is still in Halloween mode, I have been lazy and not taken anything down yet.  I keep meaning to start but I get derailed.  I was thinking about it Sunday, but then they called me for OT and of course money wins over me working for free.  Part of the reason I have hesitated is that Girlie is still there and not that I mind her there, but they are using the room I had kept the Halloween stuff in, the closet, anyway.  I can't really fit it in Javalina's closet anymore, there are too many Christmas bins and stuff in there.  Girlie is supposed to be out by December, they have been out looking at apartments, and I think it is time they try living on their own.
    I am tempted to buy a new tree, we had two for awhile, our main green one which was getting old and my perv white tree where I hung all my "dirty ornaments", but last year Wife took my white tree, declaring that the green one had seen better days.  As a result, my dirty ornaments never made it out.  We bought these fancy LED Halloween lights that flash purple, orange, or a combination and they are nice.  I want to get something equivalent with Christmas colors before I start hanging the new stuff, maybe this weekend.
    I managed to take down the stuff outside because the HOA is a pain in the ass and I hate getting mail from them like I am a child needing to be told to put my stuff away.  Well, I brought it inside, it is all in a mess around the pool table, but at least the HOA can suck it.  I work one more night this week and then I have a 4 day weekend, which I will try my best to clean up.  Boy has a party of people coming, so Wife is already busting balls to get the house cleaned, she doesn't like company to see us living like animals.
    It wasn't that long ago that I cleaned the rooms good enough for the appraisal.  I guess we are supposed to close in December, but what happened to my clean house?  I was going to stay on top of it, but here we are again with crap everywhere.  I think Christmas will give me another good excuse to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment