Thursday, November 28, 2019

11/28/19 Five Years Now?

    I have now been writing a blog a day for five years straight.  I am glad I am doing it, even if my readers have never gotten to more than about 100 or so on any particular blog.  After doing it for two years, I considered stopping or at best cutting out the weekends.  I still sometimes think of it and it is not the weekends, but the nights in which I work that seem the best candidates to cut, but I can't do it.
    There are some nights that just suck and I can't think of anything new to get on about, but usually one of my boys is keeping me abreast of something new in their lives.  Javalina is closest to me right now as he relies on me to pick him up and feed him after school.  Some days I don't even see Boy, he is so busy with school and his love life.  Still, eventually, we all end up back together.  These next few weeks are the best.  Wife and I are off Thanksgiving week, then we work for a couple of weeks and then another two weeks for Christmas and New Year's week.  Three weeks off in the timespan of about a month and a half is great.  I would hope for colder shittier weather to keep us tucked in at home, but it is Texas and we get what we get.
    Javalina has now just turned 15 and he is on his way into becoming a young man.  He is still very immature, but he is a good kid and means well.  Boy has just been made an employee where he was an intern, so he is at a pretty interesting part of his life, almost reaching adulthood without dropping a kid.
    Wife is taking some classes and we are hoping that she will be able to move back soon as all this back and forth on her part has gotten quite old.  I can tolerate being without her all week, but then she comes in HOT and Bitchy sometimes, accusing us of not cleaning enough or keeping up with the house.  It is a lot of house to keep up with, first of all, and I do work a full week too, it's not like I'm home all week fiddling with my gonads.
    Girlie and her BF will be out in the next couple weeks, they have an apartment lined up in Kyle.  It'll be interesting to have the house to ourselves and this year I also plan on replacing the floors, possibly room by room, to stay on budget.
    So let's start another 365 days and see where we go.  We have had too many brushes with hospitals and sickness, here's hoping we can stay healthy in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment