Thursday, November 7, 2019

11/7/19 I Want To Drive Ridiculous?

    I am nearing 50 and Wife wants me to act accordingly.  If it were up to her, it would be mini vans all around.  I am drawing the line at SUV, but that is not really what I want to drive as a daily driver.  In a parallel universe I would like to drive a sports car, specifically a Dodge Challenger with a Hellcat motor, making over 700HP.  That sounds like a man's car.  I have always been Ford loyal, but I really like the look of the Challenger, even with just the regular HEMI V-8, I think this car would be a lot of fun.
    I also still hold my breath, not to mention suck my gut in when I think of driving a tiny two door, like the BMW Z4, or even the older Thunderbirds that came and went in the early 2000s.  We actually went and tried a T-bird up north somewhere a while back, but man, just getting in was a mild workout.  It is like sitting on the ground and strapping yourself to a V-8.  I don't get why they need the big engine, but I guess T-birds were the shit back in the 60's.  I have this vision that Javalina and I could share a two door car, but Wife comes in and ruins it by making the two door car in my fantasy a Smart Fortwo, which even though Javalina is desperate to start driving, he does not want one of those clown cars.  I kind of like them, I always chuckle when I see one zoom by.
    When I start approaching reality, I feel like I belong in a truck, I am a man, after all.  Wife says no more F-250s, I know, who put her in charge, but besides the point, I could dig an F-150, if it was loaded, lifted, and leather.  I saw one currently at Maxwell Ford going for $51,000, but my alter ego that isn't thinking like a teenager says there is an identical truck without the lift, leather, or extras for $22,000.  Seems like that is a smarter buy, but dammit!!!
    Wife has me pictured in a Kia Telluride, she has been in love with that vehicle since she first heard of them.  I say she can have one, I drive American.  If I must drive an SUV, it should be an Expedition, but the ones I like with all the gadgets and fanciness are upwards of $60,000.  There was the new Ford Explorer which sounded promising with its offer of 400HP, but it reviewed poorly in the last Car and Driver magazine, and it didn't help that the Kia Telluride was in the same test and won the competition between about 5-6 mid sized SUVs.
    I am probably waiting until sometime next year to get whatever new vehicle, but man, I am starting to itch for a new set of wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment