Friday, November 29, 2019

11/29/19 Laziest Thanksgiving Ever, For Us?

    Wife warned us that we would be heading to San Antonio at noon, so I planned all my night time shenanigans accordingly.  I got up to do my usual at 3:00am and was up paying bills and doing blogs and learning more and more about these snowflakes on liberal arts colleges ruining the country with their whining.  The more I hear, the farther to the right I am afraid I am going.  But that is for another day.
    I knew I had to get some sleep, so I turned off the laptop at 7:30am and went to bed, figuring I had already slept about 3-4 hours.  I was glad to have woken up at 10:50am, Wife was still in the bathroom and hadn't yet started being a pain in the butt about waking up.  We got going and dressed in very relaxed clothing, I mean warm-ups and t-shirts, we are not fancy peeps.
    We were on the road by about noon and surprisingly, it was very crowded on the highway, but traffic was moving quite fast. so we got there in good time.  I made it at least to New Braunfels before falling asleep, but I think Wife might be drugging me as she turns on my seat warmer, wraps me in a small blanket and tells me shh, close your eyes.  I only do as I am told.
    We got there and everything was already done.  It is quite nice that the younger sister is an actual cook and she likes to take charge of the kitchen.  It was a pretty standard Thanksgiving meal with turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry jelly (from the can), and green beans.  Oh and some crescent rolls that were so good, just loaded with butter flavor.  We did the usual little prayer while we waited for one of Wife's cousins, then we sat down to eat.
    I guess it's true that the turkey meal makes one sleepy, I wasn't even done and I knew I needed to lay down and fast.  Wife saw it in my eyes and pointed me to her parent's room where I promptly napped for the next 3-4 hours.  Wife made Javalina come wake me at one point so we could sing Happy Birthday (for his birthday) and I did not react well to it.  We sang, I threw the finger at Wife for waking me, and I went right back to sleep.  Wife knows me too well and hardly reacted.
    It was nice to just lay and sleep until I got tired of it.  I woke up when Wife was starting to talk about leaving and had some of the desserts.  For some reason, this whole family that has never shown any interest in sports, was all wrapped up watching the Cowboys lose to the Bills.  I sat on a smaller table over where they have the television and ate the cherry topped cheesecake, and the pumpkin pecan cheesecake and some black forest cake.  The pistachio pudding is something Wife makes all the time, so I didn't get any but I did cut a piece of regular pumpkin pie and swallowed it whole.
    The drive back was shockingly easy, for me.  I sat down in the car, wrapped my legs with the little blanket and fell asleep before we made it out of the neighborhood.  I woke up just as we got off the highway and turning into our neighborhood, so the trip was very nice.  I ran in to poop and shower and then we stayed up watching TV shows we recorded and eating leftover turkey and desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment