Sunday, November 17, 2019

11/17/19 Losing My Shit At Don Dario's?

    I have always been capable of being a loud and angry person, but usually my self control keeps me at bay.  That was not the case this morning when I lost my marbles on a poor employee at Don Dario's who was doing nothing more than his job.
    The day started early for me as it usually does on the weekends.  I got up at 5:50am to go pee and could not believe how cold the room was, Wife loves leaving a window open when it is cool.  I had even turned off the ceiling fans and had a small heater warming up the air in the room, making it nice and toasty in there to sleep during the week when she is at my mom's.  All that goes out the window when she gets here, she likes it freezing, so I try to tolerate it.  Anyway, I got up at that hour and kind of went back to bed playing my WWF and looking through my phone for other cool nudie pics.  At 8:00am, I actually decided I was done sleeping an did get up and put my warm-ups on along with my other warm gear since Wife had asked me to go and get her oil changed which I decided to do.
    It was a cool morning, but the sun was out and soon it didn't feel too bad.  I got the oil changed and decided on also changing the transmission fluid which is supposed to be done at 60,000 miles but it hadn't been done and the car is at 114,000 miles.  Total coast was $225, but car is good for awhile and that little box has been a trooper for Wife, taking her everywhere she needs to be.  I got out of there and noticed it was quite dirty.  Although the chance of rain said 40% online, I took a chance since the skies were clear and blue.  Other than the multiple cracks on the windshield, the car could be mistaken for a much newer car when it is clean.
    Right on cue when I walked in the house after drying the car with my chamois and wax stuff, Wife texted if I wanted to go eat breakfast.  I said sure but of course, Javalina needs about an hour to shower and whatever in the bathroom.  We decided on Don Dario's mostly because IHOP was packed and I really wanted pancakes and eggs with bacon.  I always think it is too noisy and today it got the best of me.  They were sitting everybody close together over in the left corner of the restaurant.  I should have been fine, but we were right next to a table with a bunch of kids and some brain dead "adults."  The kids specially the boys which were about 4 feet away from me kept getting up and every time he did, CREAKKKK!!!! went the wooden legs against the bare concrete.  Over and over again.  My mom says I am easily triggered by noises because I work alone and my kids are not noisy, so I am not used to it, but either way CREAKKKK!!! every few minutes.  Then they go to leave and the adults push all the in, CREAKKK!! times 4-5.
    I stayed cool, Wife kept telling me stories and although I joke they are all "talk talk compliance, talk talk compliance."  She can tell a good one now and then.  Just as I am getting comfortable finally, the guy that cleans the table comes around and CREAKKK!!! on all the chairs as he takes all the plates and wipes the tables down.  By now Wife notices that I am agitated, but still keeps going on her story.  We kind of decide to go when another guy comes around to move the tables, the party with all the kids had 3-4 tables lines up together and he was separating them.  CREAKKK!!! from each chair, never mind the louder sound of the metal legs scraping on the concrete.  I was up and in spanish took the chair he was about to grab and dragged it left and right to make the CREAKKK!!! sound and basically said in Spanish "fuck man, you can't hear the fucking noise the chairs make every fucking time you drag them."  And at this point the dragging away from me caused the chair to jump ut of my hands and it flew over like if I had thrown it at him.  I apologized quickly, I wasn't trying to hit him, but I picked it up and continued my rant about the noise.  Wife could not find a place to hide and Javalina was even more embarrassed.  I felt better for getting it off my mind.
    When we got home, I went and called my Mom who agreed with me that she would have done the same, then I called my brother and he said he recently did the same thing at McDonald's, yelling at employees for being mildly brain dead.  Feels good to be a part of a like minded family.

No comments:

Post a Comment