Sunday, November 17, 2019

11/18/19 Finally Test Drove An SUV?

    Saturday was a weird "have to get out of the house day" due to Boy having a "Friendsgiving" at home.  Everything went well for them, other than they started cooking their turkey sometime after noon.  It is a good thing that Wife was here to help them, they did not defrost it and were attempting to do it in the microwave, it was a medium 16 pounder, so it fit.
    After napping away most of the afternoon, we headed out with the idea of going to test drive a Hyundai Palisade, the sister vehicle to the KIA Telluride.Wife suggested heading out to Kyle instead of going to the same old location on the motor mile.  I thought the change might be interesting.  Before we stopped there, we saw Griffin Ford and wound up in there.  The prices were ridiculous at Ford.  I love the new Expeditions, but come on, the two I saw were $74,000 and $75,000.  Who can afford that?  I then thought of the Ford Explorer and there was one inside in the showroom.  It was $51,000.  I saw a couple other outside and the prices didn't come down that much.  Several others were even more expensive.  Maybe there was a sale price to discount, but nobody came out to tell us this.  I still think the F-250 is the best looking truck and I walked up to one randomly, but the price was $70,000.  I then saw a red one which I really think I would like a red F-250 for my next car, but this one was $73,000.
    I decided it was not my night to look, so I then thought maybe we'll be buying Javalina a car before I get something.  He mentioned he liked the Mustangs, so we started looking for a basic one.  The 5.0Mustangs were all at $50,000.  There was a convertible at $38,000 which seemed like a bargain compare to the other prices but come on.  The cheapest we could get was $31,000 for the Mustangs, but that is way to much to spend on a car for a kid.
    We left, kind of disgusted by what they want to call small town prices.  We headed over to Hyundai, but we were sure it was closed, the lights were all so dim.  We still approached and saw people moving around inside through the few windows, so we got off.  We met a salesman, Bo and he was a riot.  He had us laughing after a few minutes.  He said they have not been able to keep any Palisades in stock, with 7 coming this week on a truck, six are already sold.  He did have one with leather and almost loaded for $41,000.  We asked to test drive and it drove like butter.  I was going over 70 on the frontage road and had not realized that.  I liked it more than I thought I would.  They will have some Limited's which are loaded and even have AWD, all wheel drive, for $46,000.  There wasn't much comparison to do with Ford, these seemed like human prices.  I hate this time of year, though, it was super dark and hard to see the vehicles in a good light.

No comments:

Post a Comment