Thursday, November 7, 2019

11/8/19 Dripping Springs Disappointed In An Unexpected Way?

    Dripping Springs really disappointed, as I expected this quality team full of future college prospects to put a beating on our simple poor inner city school.  What transpired was a bunch of clowns with trick plays and a team undisciplined in behavior or class.  Our boys have lost by two points and they have lost by sixty.  In none of those games or any in junior high did the team break into fighting or name calling.  This team on 3 or 4 separate occasions lost its cool and an actual brawl broke out.  There were a few scuffles early but as the game stayed close, they just lost their cool.  After one of their TDs, the QB was trying to get to the sideline and find a receiver or run in but he just ran out of field and fell.  Suddenly, a fight erupted and punches were thrown.  I was screaming in disbelief with Boy in the stands that Javalina better not be fighting as I could not see him backing away.  Both teams were called for unsportsmanlike conduct, but that is a bullshit call as they just cancel each other out and neither team is punished.  I did like that our coaches pulled the main instigator out of the game or he was ejected, but number 74 sat there on the bench after the scuffle looking like a deplumed chicken, real brave while fighting but a bit stupid over here on the sideline with no one impressed at him.
    There was another bit of punches thrown right in front of the crowd as it happened on the 45 yard line near the sideline.  The defensive back covering our receiver thru a punch then of course our guy retaliated but the referees either didn't see it or were laughing at it because the defensive back was comically small, like a little 5 footer punching at someone near 6 feet.  If our boys had a history of breaking out into fights I would easily say our "fucking ghetto ass kids can't control themselves!!", but the reality of it is that it was the overprivileged white boys of the suburbs behaving like "dicks".  I call it as I see it.  I wanted to live out there a few years ago, the hill country is beautiful, but I could not commit to the commute required to live out there, and I could see my boys turning into those beautiful specimens on display.  Fucking idiots couldn't take a little competition from a team they thought they would walk all over.  I am disgusted by the lack of discipline I saw from their coaching staff.  Some of those "beautiful assholes" need to be grabbed by the facemask and shook like they did in the 70's and 80's before the "soccer" moms pussified the coaches.  The game was as close as 12-20 can be.  Our boys lost, but had the last 6-7 minutes and drove the ball all the way down to the 4-5 yard line but just ran out of time with two downs left.  I am sure they could have scored if they had more time, but that is the game, it shows no mercy.
    My disappointment is I expected a Lake Travis quality team (a team that goes to state year in and year out).  I wanted to see an offense just tear apart our defense with a future college prospect at QB, instead we got some fucking hillbilly bullies, I guess.  I want to say I am proud of our boys.  The record does not indicate anything about your class and your willingness to stay in there and fight until the last second.  I would expect more wins next year if the core of this team stays more or less intact.  They started out with no quarterback and by the end of the season they had 2-3 options that could carry the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment