Thursday, October 8, 2015

10/9/15 Freedom Costs Money?

    I am fixing to go home on a Thursday night.  Sucks balls to tell you the truth.  On the one hand, I'll get a good night's sleep, have a long weekend to putz around the house, maybe do some more cleaning.  On the other, I am so used to working through and getting some OT, that I kind of count it as part of my salary.
    Blah blah blah about not counting before you have it.  Everybody with a set of fallopian tubes is going to give me the "mijo, it's not good to rely on what you don't have..." I know, but when it comes along regularly for the last ten years, it is surprising when we slow down.  I had been going non-stop this year, I go and get that freaking truck, and now three of the last four weeks have been without OT.  Somebody is f**king with me.
    My mommy teased me with news of my brother possibly coming back to Austin, but mommy also is providing free room and board and according to my other brother, a steak clause, three dinners a week are promised to be either ribeye or sirloin steaks.  Why would anybody leave that comfort zone?
    Wife can also help, she gets little "mileage checks" which she tries to get past me, it's always the same thing, when I get bonus money, it goes straight to the bank, when she gets "bonus money", "ay no, I worked extra for this, it's mine.  She's getting a little better, but I still have to shame her into giving it up.
    The company that works alongside us is talking about layoffs, surprising since they have been backlogged all year trying to qualify new material from the company that bought them out.  I like all the people that work here for them, four people total, but if they are affected, it could click us into high gear to help them catch up.  I love a backlog of a couple hundred samples and the thought of unlimited OT to get the work done and caught up.  I am not hoping they get laid off, but I will be making me some lemonade as quickly as possible, if the worst does occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment