Sunday, October 25, 2015

10//26/15 Another Conference, Another Quiet Week?

    Here we are again, Chubs and myself alone for the next four days.  Wife is making a difference again in the world of Bastrop.  She comes back excited about what she learns, but if long term, these conferences don't promote her, what is the point?  I know they are required, I just hate that they cut into our family time.  There was a time a couple years ago when we joined her, and it was fun to hang out in the hotel room while she wasted the day away doing her thing.  But Chubs is now in school, it seems irresponsible to have him miss school.  Boy wouldn't join us, as he has his own thing going on.
    My brother will be back in town tomorrow to watch Chubs the next three nights when I am at work, I am still not sure where he stands as far as coming back and living with us.  He brought it up, and as much as I love having the house to ourselves, he would be helping by paying rent almost equal to cost of my new truck.  At some point he'll run out of his savings, just wish the lazy ass would make an effort and apply.
    Another thing going on this week is we are getting the house appraised on Tuesday.  We found a bank willing to refinance our home loan, and depending on the appraisal, we might even be able to borrow to pay some of our other credit debt.  It kind of sucks, in that we didn't really do much cleaning, but I don't see how appraisal should be affected too much by a couple of Halloween boxes laid out, maybe I'll hide them in the closet.  Wife had just got back from her other conference, and then this weekend we were both kind of sick with her cough.
    I was drowsy all day, they got me up around 2pm, but I was up until 4-5am last night, mostly reading crap on Pinterest.  Boy came home from work around 3:00pm and of course he doesn't have time to sit with us, even while we eat.  I have to go!  I have to go!  I have to go!  Ugh!, it is really hard to like this boy, I just excuse it by telling myself he has a personality disorder, like Asperger's or something.  Wife then followed an hour later, and before it got too late, Chubs requested Panda Express for dinner.  We ate while watching TV but sitting trying to watch football put me to sleep.  I eventually switched over to HGTV and even right now at 1:40am, I am still watching the episodes where people buy islands and fancy stuff I find hard to believe.  I should go to sleep, I will be taking Chubs to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment