Thursday, October 29, 2015

10/29/15 What About The Man-Child?

    I worry about our country.  I honestly don't see enough new brain power growing up amongst the next generation.  I know it is easier to be Peter Pan and refuse to grow up, but is it also better?  I know my son will be OK, and he will be on the good side of productive members of society, or risk the humiliation that comes from our family.  No bullshit about it, men work enough said.  I don't recall my dad missing work more than maybe a weekend to a long weekend during the summer if we were going to go on a little vacation.
    Boy's friends though, I don't even know what to feel for them.  One of his closest buddies didn't even bother showing up for college classes he signed up for.  The other one is now also out of school.  I understand school is not for everybody, but if you are not going to make yourself different with a degree, then how?  Showing up to your minimum wage job with a shitty attitude and hungover?
    I can talk minimum wage jobs, I did a year working at a warehouse loaded with ex felons and troublemakers.  I started like all of them, as a day laborer, within a week, I had shown I wasn't there to play games, and I took over driving the forklift, something I had never done.  Only thing I did was shut up, and learn.  Say thank you to any tip/advice given to me, and offer to help and be a team player any chance I got.
    Any man-child starts with a strong mama connection.  Mama wants her baby to be happy, she'll work her ass off for mijo, so he can have the latest video games.  Video games more than any other toys, force the man-child to wither on the vine, Mama likes it because Baby is safe inside the house.  But then when does baby learn he is approaching thirty and still waiting for mama to wipe his ass and feed him?  This is a problem of not having a man to emulate, a day does not go by that I don't bust my boy's asses.  They know I love them, but I constantly challenge them to be better than me, to go farther than me, to know more than me.  After all, I am not their friend, I am Dad.  My two turd nuggets represent me when they go out in the world and they had both better shine and impress somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment