Saturday, October 10, 2015

10/11/15 Bass Pro Shops?

    Bass Pro Shops is like Cabela's how Ford is like Chevy.  I don't know how both these monster stores can exist, but I do enjoy walking through either one, once in a while.  Cabela's has been in Buda for a few years now, and it is all right, although if they had a choice, I think they would rather sell guns.  Bass Pro Shops, on the other hand seems to lean towards fishing, if only because you can even buy a boat there.
    I had been wanting to go check out the Bass Pro Shops in Round Rock since it opened this summer, but it is a pain in the ass to drive north.  We had nothing going on this weekend, we have a couple of things to take care of this morning, but Wife is good on the phone, and after an hour, we were done.  We updated our insurance, adding in my new truck, removing the old one, and stuff like that.
    I can't help but get my panties wet, looking at new boats.  I would be stupid to get one right now, but sometime in the future, I would like a new one, Wife always insists it will be a pontoon, and I can't help but like the size of square footage a pontoon gives.  They have pontoons, deck boats, fishing boats, both bass boats, and coastal saltwater boats.  Each boat is specialized for specific purposes, but any can be used for light fishing and swimming, which is what we do out on the lakes.
    We then walked the aisles, Chubs wanted to go look at the guns, thought he should have a BB gun, which I reminded him about when our neighbor accused him of shooting her window.  He backed off, then Wife brought up maybe she should have like a pellet gun to keep by the bed.  I told her a real gun would be better, maybe a .22, if she wanted a small caliber, but then she felt me getting serious about spending money, and she started saying no and walking away.
    We looked around the shoe department before Chubs started whining about needing to go to the mall, and Wife having to go to the bathroom.  This was my cue, that fun time is over.  Luckily, Chubs just wanted the screwdriver from Dr. Who, which they are selling at Hot Topic and there happened to be a Hot Topic next door at the Outlet Mall.  He got his screwdriver, a wallet and even a shirt.  Not bad for him.
    We walked around a little more, and while talking about watches and going into a couple stores selling watches, we found a store selling used Rolex watches.  I love the idea of getting one cheaper than the new Submariner price of $13,900 but the used ones were going for $11,500.  The guy was saying they were certified, but he talked a little too fast for me, and the watches had nicks and scratches and just didn't seem right.
    We ended the night eating at TGIF, I opted for the pasta with shrimp and chicken, and it was nice to not feel like I overate when we left.  Ususally I feel like I am the man, I should order the big steak and eat more than everybody.  It was a good, lazy day.  Boy did not go with us, he was doing homework, but requested Taco Bell, which we got him before we came home.  We did a drive by of the neighborhood, and it seems a little dry of Halloween decorations, I hate to say.  There were a few years when it felt like we were competing with other houses for best Halloween effort.  This year, maybe three or four other houses even have things out on their yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment