Sunday, October 4, 2015

10/5/15 A Little Fall Cleaning?

    My body hurts, but it feels good knowing we did some good cleaning outside the house.  Wife wanted to decorate for Halloween, so of course I needed some excuses not to do that right away.  We started the day by driving to Buda to go look at some homes.  It is the same builder we had looked at before that builds homes with an attached apartment, or separate "home within a home."  At the moment they did not have lots big enough to build those homes but I did think it odd that while we were there, three other families showed up randomly asking about the same thing.  If that is happenning all day long, maybe it's time to make that more regular and come up with even more than the handful of plans that offer that.  The builder is Lennar Homes and the homes I am talking about are Nextgen homes, for anyone interested in looking them up.
    After the drive, and finally talking to my mom through the Bluetooth feature in my truck for about ten minutes, I had tried her all weekend, but she is a busy lady, we ended up eating at Culver's.  I just love their patty melts and their fries.  Of course, they have that silky smooth custard ice cream.  I just looked it up, A custard differs from ice cream in that it has a higher percentage of egg yolk, it is also not mixed with air, so it tends to be very dense and smooth.
    Out of excuses, we headed home, Wife said she would cut the front yard quickly and treat any ant mounds before starting with the decorations, I followed behind with the trimmer, along house and sidewalks.  Then I got a little distracted, and power washed the gate as I had been meaning to do something about its ugly look, being all spotted and dull brownish looking.  The power washer brought it back to its orange look.  I then decided to get my drill and fix the loose board on the gate, and while I was at it, I went and fixed the back fence, which also had a slat that had fallen off awhile back.  This lead me to take a look at the backyard, and I ended up cuttting the grass back there, as it was taller than my knees in places.  By then Wife put up some decorations with the help of Chubs, before I started cutting the backyard, Boy got home and he wanted to eat before he left to San Marcos so I fired up the grill.  Before I was halfway done with the backyard, Wife was cooking up some steaks we had bought Friday night, man they were delicious.
    I ended the night by rearranging our patio, threw away a bunch of old boxes and containers of pool stuff that had been taking up too much space.  This was probably all motivated in my head by hanging out at my friend's new house, but at least it got me off my lazy ass.  Wife was happy, because we all did it together and now we have Halloween showing inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment