Sunday, October 4, 2015

10/4/15 Friendly Get Together?

    Tonight we got together at our friend's house.  It was actually a nice evening.  He works until 6:00pm, so his plan was for us to go over around 7:00pm.  Because I am me, I had fallen asleep around 4:30.  I tried getting up early to watch the Longhorn game at 11:00am, but missed most of it.  I woke up around 12:30 and went down to watch the Longhorns get destroyed by TCU.  I decided to be productive instead, so I sat at the table and worked on our bills.  By the time I was done, Wife had come down and made breakfast.  Since it is a lazy weekend, I finished with the bills, enjoyed some chorizo, egg, and potato breakfast tacos.  There was nothing else to do but take a nap.
    I should've run to the Home Depot before I napped, because by the time they woke me at six, we were running a little late, considering I was going to go to Home Depot, and I had told him we would take some meat and a dessert.  Eventually, we did all the quick stops, and got over there by 8:15 or so.  It was fine, we also took a bottle of peach wine which we bought probably last christmas and had been in our fridge.  His girlfriend opened it, and I believe the bottle was finished by the time we ate an hour later.
    His house is still beautiful to me.  I hate to say that it is nicer than ours, but it is.  It has a game room upstairs overlooking the living room below, there is a theater room which he has the chairs in there, but no projection screen yet.  The kitchen is swimming in granite counter space.  There are three big sections, an L-shape along the wall, an island, and a third piece with a raised area that separates the kitchen from the living room and fits about three stools.
    Since he moved in, he has added about 8-10 ft of concrete with slab rocks to extend the patio space out into the yard the length of the back of the house.  There is also a great big chimney which he had done after he moved in.
    Chubs had a great time playing with their little son on the video game machine, and then with some nerf guns.  He was a little upset when we left though because he was playing Minecraft and had spent some time "breaking" a horse and after he trained him and was riding him along the shore, the son decided he was going to kill the horse, he did with a bow and arrow.  This upset Chubs a bit, so he killed his dog, then the boy burned down their house/castle.  I think the little boy was tired as we were there until almost midnight, either way, other than that, we had a pretty good time catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment