Monday, October 5, 2015

10/6/15 Wake Up, Fatboy?

    I have felt as I have been in a haze since the time we came back from vacation in June.  My thought is I caused it by overdoing things.  I then pussed out and turned myself off by not doing anything the last couple months.  I went from walking four miles to whining about a blister, lifting weights twice a week to saying well, if my partner doesn't show up, neither do I.
    I felt a bit of a spark yesterday.  We cleaned our yard and worked hard longer than I had in a good while.  I woke up today and decided I am going to try and keep up the intensity.  I went outside and finished trimming the backyard, as well as walk a mile on the treadmill, felt longer than the walking at work, but I stayed on for the full 21 min and change at around 3mi/hr.
    I am now at work and already walked another mile here in the hallways, and possibly going for three miles tonight.  At the start of the year, I was going to continue the 4 miles a night and add 2-3 miles at home on treadmill, and eventually convert it to running, which I think might be when I have a chance to really take some weight off.
    Last week was another slow week, work wise.  I feel good sleeping late, getting up to twelve hours sleep, after going non-stop for so long.  I could panic a bit that work seems slow, but historically, it always picks up speed and volume.  I will play it smart and just take the time to relax and catch up on chores around the house.
    Another simple thing I could do to lose weight would be to cut out the breakfast.  Sometimes I just eat a bowl of cereal, which is good, sometimes though, I'll eat a burger, from leftovers, continue with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then go "healthy" and eat a banana and whatever other fruit is in the bowl.  This is no bueno, because I just shower and go to sleep, once I get upstairs.  That could be an easy 500 calories to get rid of, we'll see.
    Maybe I am kidding myself, we have two candy bowls on the island in the kitchen right now, and no fruit.  If I can't do it right now, then definitely by Jan 1st.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment