Thursday, October 8, 2015

10/8/15 Can My Boys Survive On Mashed Potatoes?

    We finished our rounds of dentist visits today.  I went through ok, just an intense cleaning, charged me $165 or so.  Boy went in last Friday and he got a two year plan that is going to cost me north of $4000.  At least it is in stages, Friday he goes in for the first step, cleaning under the gum lines.  He said anesthesia might be involved, and we are looking at a payment of $400 something.  Since his jawline is about done growing, they are looking at putting in permanent fake tooth where he lost one.  That will be a year long process, as first they will drill the screw/foundation, wait for any inflammation to subside and make sure there are no negative reactions, then the tooth will be attached, a bridge might be involved.
    As if that wasn't enough, Chubs and I went today to his pediatric dentist and he has some molars coming in causing him a lot of pain, the dentist then showed me in his mouth how his adult "fangs" are coming in where there is no space for them, so they will come in pointing sideways, unless we get him into some orthodentia, fancy word for braces.  Last time we got involved with braces for Boy they were in vicinity of $2500.  I know they gotta be more nowadays, simply because everything is more expensive.
    Here's one that I can't figure out.  Wife has never gone to dentist that I know of.  She has big strong teeth, but never does anything for them.  In the past, I kept finding containers of polydent, so I keep thinking she has fake teeth, but she has never taken them out in front of me.  When we started dating (she was 14), she was in braces, so she had real teeth then and her parents made her go to the dentist, I guess.  She has always had dental coverage, so she could go anytime.  She talks to death when she eats a taco with her coworkers or does anything out of the ordinary, if she went to the dentist during work time, I would surely hear about it, once in a while.
    She is a grown up, I will not schedule her visits, but as much as the boys might leave me broke, we are taking care of their teeth.  Mine are in good shape right now, cleaned last week, and no cavities.  So come on Wifey, you like the "anything you can do, I can do better!"  Get thy ass to the dentist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment