Tuesday, October 20, 2015

10/21/15 Happy Birthday To My Baby Sister?

I love my sister, she was raised by my mom to be beautiful and full of grace
but because she was raised with three brothers, she has no problem getting in your face.
My Mom keeps thinking she will rise above the fray
Nope, she's a toughie, we've seen and heard her on display.
Today, she's a vice principal, in middle school, you have to be tough
those pre-teens not only smell, they can get rowdy and rough.
She's got that tone in her voice, the one that means she's no longer messing
I've heard it in my Mom, fun time's over, time for assessing.
She married a good guy, he reminds me of our Dad
put on any sports on TV and they will both be glad
She has two boys, the older one runs in the backyard while dragging a tire
he scores touchdowns on his football team, so maybe the training we must admire.
 I'm sure the baby will be more of the same, they are a family of jocks
since my sister was a cheerleader, she has to be happy, everyone wearing sweaty socks.
She bought the lot behind my Mom, there they built a brand new brick home
whenever she wants to see her biggest fan, fifty steps to the rear she must roam.
My brother and her, now that is a different story
They still argue and fight like they're eight years old for the love of mommy.
This summer will be fun, we'll all be under one roof for a week visiting The Mouse
It has been more than twenty years since I moved out back when we all lived in one house.
I love the idea of vacationing with my peeps,
we did it before and had fun by the heaps. 
I hope you have a special day with your boys, maybe y'all go out for multiple dinners
I love you Sister and Happy Birthday, you have grown up to be one of life's Winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment