Thursday, October 22, 2015

10/22/15 Did Somebody Speed Up The Planet?

    What is going on?  Lately, I feel like somebody put us on fast forward.  There doesn't seem to be any down time.  This past weekend was very nice when we broke it down into parts.  As a whole, though, it left me very tired.  I loved my folks coming, going with my Mom to the mall on Friday evening, then dinner.  I loved going to the Ren Fest, but it did require we go to bed early, which I didn't, then I had to drive the two hours and twenty minutes going that way.  Coming back, my eyes just started getting sleepy, so I handed vehicle off to Wife, after a 15-20 minute nap, with snoring as everyone joked, I came back around, which I was rewarded by Wife pulling over and giving me the car back.  We were back in town by 10:30 or so and went and ate at Macaroni Grill, service was ehh, but whatever, we were home by midinight.  I wanted to just sleep all day, but my folks asked if we wanted to go to lunch, they don't usually do that, so we decided to join them.  After eating a very good meal at Don Dario's, my folks left, we went back home and straight to bed.  By then it was 4:00pm and I had not finished blog for that day.  Since I haven't missed a day, I am not starting now, so close to completing one year, I finished it, but my nap time was cut to about 30 minutes before I headed in to work.
    I hadn't worked OT in a while, so I wasn't going to say no, but I guess it took my night I was going to recuperate from the weekend.  Here I am on Thursday morning, I picked up Wife's cold, and all I can think of is the weekend is almost here, I want to just sleep late.
    My question is "do we do too much?", "should we be this tired?", wife says she feels the same way.  In years past, I had energy to get up and hang Halloween decorations, this year I am just saying ehhh, who cares?  We don't even try to go fishing, or using those weekend getaways we have on our timeshare.  Anytime we have free time, I just want to sleep. Shoot, I can't remember the last time we used our hot tub, and that is something I loved doing and it's right in our backyard.
    We haven't even seen my in-laws since the summer, which would mean going to San Antonio, I'd like to see my nephew play another football game down in Crystal City, but hate the idea of paying it being tired coming back.  If only I could do like Popeye, eat a can of Spinach and feel strong and revived.

No comments:

Post a Comment