Tuesday, October 27, 2015

10/27/15 Is The Work Half Empty or Half Full?

    I know work always picks up and at this point it could just be cyclical that it has slowed down as the holidays are fixing to come around, but dammit, I hate a slow month.  I am taking the weekends as nice relaxing times and I am resting as best I can, because eventually work picks up and sometimes there doesn't seem to be enough of us for the work coming in.
    But this week, one of our coworkers is gone until next Tuesday, our other coworker was gone this past weekend, her kid is going to school in Chicago, and of course, she now wants to be over there as much as possible, one reason I could not let Boy just leave the state for his bachelor's degree.  We did tell him we wouldn't stop him from leaving the state if he continues for his Master's, but I'll figure something out.
    Anyways, between the three of us, we handle all the FIB/TEM work nowadays, I am staying here playing Rover, hoping something gets out for me to make a play on.  Funny, at one point, we had about sixteen people doing FIB/TEM prep.  Slowly, we lost many people, some very good people, yet we have always been able to keep up.  Recently, our sales guy was let go, not sure if that is why we haven't seen new work.  Everything that comes in seems to be work we have already done, all the samples are similar to past work.
    Things are not terrible for us, the other company that works onsite with us had a layoff last week, that is a little scary.  The last person we lost was a year ago, and she quit because they moved out of state after husband found a better job. 
    I guess this has happened in other years, we start out strong, I work non-stop, then all of a sudden, we reach the halfway point of the year, and then we kind of slide to the end of the year with barely any OT.  It's OK, like I said, I am just used to being busy, I do like that Wife got a raise for her added duties, we are not in dire straits.  I guess the slow night and Wife being out of town got me feeling the blues.  Now I need a guitar, found a tutorial on how to play the blues with three chords.  Looks easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment