Tuesday, October 13, 2015

10/13/15 Mr. Mom, For A Week?

    I absolutely hate Wife going to conferences, but here we go again.  She is off to Corpus Christi from Tuesday through Friday.  I honestly am not sure what they are for.  She has three before the christmas break.  Let's say this one deals with state issues, the next one deals with country wide issues, and the third one is new, it is a meeting of planetary homeless liasons (and her boss would be pissed if I didn't mention "and bus driver tuesdays and thursdays).
    Speaking of, new management is not keen on all these conferences, I would hope she would just put a stop to them.  From my point of view what is to be gained, if she doesn't go, it's one less headache for me.  I hate having to run the household by myself.  It doesn't help with Boy not being in the house.  My brother is supposed to show up today to be in the house with Chubs, while I come to work at night.  I love my brother, of course, but he is not one to sit around and joke much.  Every discussion with him has to be passionate and loud.  He is considering coming back, I hope he takes the time to apply to some jobs while he is here.  I don't want to push him or rush him, but his rent could almost be paying for my truck, so that would be win win, if he does come up.
    I know time flies by super fast during the week, and it'll be Friday before we know it.  My folks are supposed to come up this Friday, they are joining us to go to the ren fest.  We have gone a bunch of times, maybe 8-9.  My folks have joined us about half the time.  My mom loves stuff like that, I know my dad would rather stay home and watch even high school football from California than go, but my mom manages to drag him along.
     I just picked up our Excursion yesterday, supposedly some spark plugs and coils were misfiring, it got a tune up, all of them were replaced along with a bunch of other work totaling close to $1400.  If it stops the problem of it shutting off intermittently I don't mind paying for the work.  If it continues, the Excursion will be the down payment for a vehicle for Wife pretty soon.  Either way, this week I have to make sure Chubs, eats dinner, showers, does his homework, goes to bed on time, gets up on time for school, man, that boy needs a staff of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment