Monday, October 12, 2015

10/12/15 Stung In The Tit?

    Yesterday, was a relaxing Sunday afternoon.  We got up around noon, I got on internet while Wife got dressed and ready.  We ate breakfast at Torchy's Taco's and I must say, they are very good tacos.
    When we got there it was a little packed, but by the time we left it was mostly empty.  We sat there, uncharacteristically chilling and taking it easy.  I was cracking Chubs up with pictures from Pinterest that were sarcastically funny, even if i had  to explain why certain pics were funny.
    I had plans to finish painting upper balcony, Wife wanted to just make it an easy afternoon grilling.  I forgot to get charcoal, so grilling was out.  I was still going to be productive and trim the palm trees.  Right as I thought about the bees last time and I cut the second palm leaf, I was swarmed by bees.  Two managed to sting me, one in the tit and one on the tricep.  I was up on a stool and it took me a second to run and flap my arms.  For a second, I thought I'm not allergic, keep cutting, but it's not like they were going to stop stinging, at that point I started flailing like a little girl.  I went back half an hour later and the nest was on that first palm leaf I cut, on the floor.  Luckily, Wife keeps plenty of bee killer, I sprayed the rest of the tree, until it dripped, then I went to my other task.
    Friday night, I started painting the balcony, I got abouthalf way done with the lower part by climbing on my ladders, then I had to involve Boy, since he is much skinnier and lighter weight, he could climb on my extension ladder.  This was a lot of effort, but we still only reached the very bottom  of the upper balcony.  Sunday night, I went at it again, this time from the balcony to paint the slats.  I found that I could reach about 90% by reaching over the top.  I did this, then stuck my hand and paintbrush in between the bottom of the rails to finish.
    By this point, there was little left to do but paint bottom patio.  I did with the remains of paint, then decided to touch-up garage door, since there wasn't enough paint to save it.  After doing this, I went back to the palm trees and cut most the dead palm leaves off.  The last chore of the weekend was to fire up the pool pump.  Surprisingly, it is still very clean.  I just swept it real quick and added new chlorine "pucks".  Busy busy, but that is always better than figuring out what to do sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment