Saturday, October 31, 2015

10/31/15 Halloweening? (poem)

 Halloween Night is upon us again, my peeps,
pay attention to what past windows silently creeps.
Chubs has the spirit and will be dressed as Dr. Who,
I just hope as he is walking, he dooesn't step on poo.
Oh yeah, he will be walking with a girlie from school,
they've been talking about it, I think that's just cool.
Wife and I will be outside giving the kids candies and sweets
I love the efforts of some of the costumes, just walking treats.
After the curfew we usually continue with grilling some meat,
after all we're human and we gots to eat.
I can only hope some slutty moms in costumes make it down our street,
of all the things I see, I think they are rather neat.
The Longhorns play a night game, against the Iowa State Cyclones
I'm just hoping my burnt orange guys show up with the bigger horns.
Apart from Halloween, we also got the time change Saturday night,
stupid farmers, figure it out and get it right.
Feels weird but Sunday is already 1st of November
so close to 2016, what happened to the year, I can hardly remember.
From here on out, it'll be shorter days, and long nights, 
shopping for loved ones, forget the spooky frights.
We have to take down our mummies, spiders, and rest of the scary stuff
replace it with things merry and all that christmas fluff.
but let's not get ahead of ourselves, there's a downpour in progress,
scarier than Halloween, this could be the start of Rapture 2015 I guess.
Nah, let's not be simple minded scaredy mortals fearing a little past sinning,
this is our world, our time, say it "We be Halloweening!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment