Saturday, October 24, 2015

10/24/15 Doing Nothing Still Requires Effort?

    Since early in the week, we had both decided we weren't going to run around like we always do.  I told Wife I just wanted to sleep, and take it easy.  She said she just wanted to eat chicken wings and take it easy.
    For this to happen as smoothly as possible, it is necessary for me to run some errands in the background.  Chubs has afterschool programs until 430pm.  I decided to shower earlier then run to the store.  I had been wanting some pan dulce since we drove by earlier in the week to get Chubs the boxing gloves.  I made a quick pit stop and bought a little bit.  I used to love eating it growing up with my folks, but my shitty little peeps don't care for it.  Anyways, more for me.
    Afterwards, I ran over to the HEB we used to frequent over on IH35 and William Cannon.  It hasn't changed too much in the last eight years.  They have put up signs of a new bigger HEB on Slaughter and IH35, but so far, I haven't even seen them doing groundbreaking.  I still got everything I could think of and what Wife sent via text, so we won't have to run to the store.  By the time I got out of the store, it was raining pretty hard, so yeaih, I got all wet, walking in puddles coming up to my ankles in the parking lot.  I then ran home, got all the food off, and then ran to wait for Chubs to get out of school.  Boy was home, he filled me in on his dentist visit, he is going to need a root canal next week, does anyone know where I can sell a kidney (bills are everlasting)?
    Chubs pickup was uneventful, there were a couple of hoochie mamas there, but they look younger and younger every year.  I almost feel bad checking out their tattoos on their thighs, and the ones going into their cleavage.  I think those are conversation starters...
    Nothing else to do, we went home to wait for mama.  Wife showed up a half hour later or so, and now it's the weekend.  We sat in the kitchen catching up, then she decided she wanted the wings and grilling, so I went out, cleaned the grill, and got it going.  It was nice, we sat outside, there was an occasional breeze, and we tried "getting drunk", but without outside influences, I find it hard to get drunk just for the sake of it.
    Still, we drank, and I showed Wife funny memes I find on Pinterest during the week, or funny songs I find on Youtube.  I also entertained myself texting random people on our list of FB friends.  I feel like we need to reach out and make newer more interesting friends.  I need friends that don't start conditionally saying "but I'm not gonna do this or I'm not gonna do that".  Well then stay home and be boring over there.
    I know we tried a maid a while ago, I guess it didn't work out, she stopped coming around once she found out she was "with child".  A live-in maid would be cool, keep the house clean, run errands like going to the store, so I wouldn't have to, maybe then we could have weekends where we really do nothing.  Hmmmm???

No comments:

Post a Comment