Friday, December 31, 2021

12/31/21 Last Day Of The Year?

     I don't think may people would label this a great year; it just has all turned into a long stinky fart with no end in sight.  Covid19 is now rebranded itself multiple times and continues to be a pain in the ass, for those that let it.  I know it is still a serious thing, in the minds of many, but goddammit, we all fell for the vaccines, and the masks, even after hearing the work and they don't work, and who knows... People in Texas are really at the point of just saying "fuck it!"  We were at three pretty packed wrestling matches in December (I'm talking hundreds of kids packed in gyms with very poor ventilation) and I haven't heard of any crazy breakouts of the virus.  The same can be said of shopping at the mall, which I went with my mom on Wednesday.  My mom was a little surprised and we did a visual count and maybe 15-20 percent of the people were wearing masks.  Maybe we should be treating it as a more serious thing, but on the other hand, we are starting 2022, which means, we are going into almost three years of living with this BS, and all Fauci, our big expert, can say is "stay at home, don't see your families on the holidays."  Fuck you, you 80-year-old fuck!  Retire and let someone who might care about people take over the job, you are constantly wrong about what we should be doing.

    Other than this big-ticket item, we got Boy looking for a house to buy, in a market we would have a hard time affording, if we didn't already have a house.  Austin keeps getting the wins, which seems good to great, with Tesla moving here, Samsung announcing a new multi-billion dollar fab, and even Cypress, which owns the lab space we use fixing to invest another $100 million to the old AMD Fab we work next to all sound great on paper, but all these wins keep attracting workers and people to the area, which only makes it harder to find an affordable house to buy.  I am sure Boy will either figure out a way to make more money, or house prices will soften up in a year to allow him to get a place, but it will probably take a concerted effort between him and his gf.

    Wife finally came back home in the spring, landing a job in San Antonio.  It hasn't been that easy, her commute sucks because there are just too many people on I-35 between Austin and San Antonio at any given time and there is too much construction going on.  Either way, it sucks for Wife during the week, but I love that she is back home and that she gets to eat with our big baby, so he is not here alone, while I am at work.  Baby A continues to be as great as he can be, participating in as many sports activities as he can and constantly acting like a leader, always pushing his classmates to be better.

    Work continues to be work, for me.  I like where I am at, and I continue to believe that we will see a raise sometime soon, as we were led to believe last year, even if the rest of my coworkers laugh at me like I'm the slow one.  At this point, I just want to keep up with Wife somewhat, she has a lot of upside potential, which I hope she gets, because that means I get it too.  I may be at the top of my earning potential, but that's okay, I have been carrying this family for a long time, I look forward to seeing the greatness that Wife will attain, hopefully, even in 2022.  Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment