Sunday, December 12, 2021

12/12/21 Testing Negative?

     I felt like an ass a bit, but I did wear a mask the whole day and I tried not talking to the kids direct, but we were at the wrestling meet all day yesterday with the team while having an undiagnosed cough.  It's not that I wanted to sit close with them, the gym was just so small, everyone was sitting on top of each other, there was no way around it and the way I see it, I caught my cough last week at the Georgetown Meet.  The  matches were split between two gyms again and every time we got up to go watch a match in the other gym, we would come back and someone would be sitting in our spots, luckily I would leave my chair there, so the people knew that was my spot and Wife would take any spot of bench around me, Wife didn't want to use her chair because they take up so much space.  I don't care because I am not sore today, and I would be a mess right now if I sat on the wooden bleachers all day.

    Anyways, I went and got tested on Friday, but I did not get my results until Saturday night, after I had been sitting all day with the team, even if I did wear the mask, just in case.  What else are we supposed to do in this new world we live in. Other than a scratchy throat that keeps me coughing, I don't really have other symptoms.  I haven't had fever, or body aches, or headaches, just a cough.  I am vaccinated, even if I didn't want to be.  That is what they were selling when I begrudgingly approved getting that vaccination is that I wouldn't have to quarantine, which is what Baby A heard and agreed to so that he wouldn't miss the football season after sitting out for 10 days of practice in the summer..  Honestly, if I thought I might be positive, such as loosing my taste or smell again, then I would have stayed home.

    I noticed on my phone while we were eating at Sea Island, after we left the meet, around 8:30pm, that I had a text and email from CVS, but it wouldn't open.  What is the point of 5G and all that crap if the phones won't work unless there is a wifi connection?  It wasn't until we got home, closer to 10:00pm that I was finally able to open the results, which I was glad were negative, just to feel guilt free after a week of going to work and going to the meet.  A year ago, I would have been forced to quarantine and the results would have taken at least a week to get back, so I would have missed the opportunity to see my son in action, so I am glad we are making progress, I guess.

    I am still coughing and hacking, it sounds horrible, but it sounds worse than it is, I think.  When I am not coughing I honestly feel like I am fine.  Hopefully, it starts to clear up this week.  Maybe it is just allergies, Wife said she had something on Monday morning too, so I thought it might be a cold, but she hasn't coughed once, so maybe she's clean.  She makes such a worse sick person, she will be off her feet if she is sick, at least for now, I am going to keep on soldiering on.  I am looking for Sunday next week to come along, so we can officially get on with our xmas break and just take it easy for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment