Tuesday, December 7, 2021

12/7/21 I Am Still Surprised By People?

     I was driving home this morning after dropping off Baby A at school and I have really taken to liking the morning show on 96.7FM.  I know it is basically candy for the brain, but some of it is entertaining to me.  They do a bit called First Day Follow-Up and they will call the other person after they have gone on a date when that person has stopped returning calls or texts to the person calling the show.  Some have been really good and it is always surprising that the person is never ignored for the reason they thought.  A lot of these people seem to have digestive issues as they routinely find themselves pooping or even just farting in the date's house.  A very common thought in the ignored person's mind is that I am not getting a call back because I pooped in their apartment and they were disgusted by this.  This is never the reason the person doesn't find them suitable to continue dating.

    The girl that was ignoring the guy calling the station today seemed a little nutty to me in that she insisted they would not be compatible because their signs did not line up.  She kept talking about he is a Capricorn and that makes him a ground based something or other and that would never work with my sign, like of course, everyone knows that.  She was saying shit like that, like she was talking facts, and I couldn't help but think that was ignorant, at best.

    Isn't a sign much like a person's skin color or race?  To assume that a person will be this or that because they are a Leo or a Taurus or whatever is ridiculous, much in the same way that saying "well, he's Hispanic, he must be good at cutting grass, or whatever stereotypes you want to make.  This is all the same thing, deciding to read a book by his/her cover.  I mean if she didn't like the guy, his look or whatever, that is fine, but don't dress it up that it is about whatever month you were born, a person can't help that.

    I think the guy dodged a crazy bullet more than anything, for him to really want to date her after hearing all that probably meant she was pretty hot because I could hear the crazy coming through loud and clear in my car.  He just kind of ended it by saying that she was the boring person, she had also added that because he was a ground based person, that type is always boring.  Maybe both of them were kind of dullards, I mean he was calling a radio station to try and hook up with a chick that obviously didn't want to see him again.  That would be enough for me to say, oh well, next.  I am not going to pursue someone who doesn't find me fascinating just being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment