Friday, December 10, 2021

12/10/21 Covid Needs To Go Away?

     I don't think I have Covid this time, but I have had a sore throat the past week.  When I mention it to people, everyone likes to say it sounds like allergies.  I like the sound of that, although it doesn't make my throat feel any better.  I was worried about getting my husky wrestler sick and it was going alright, specially because I was staying late at work all week, but I came home earlier last night and managed to eat with him at the table.  I don't know if that is all it took, but he woke me in the morning with a "you need to check yourself for Covid, my throat is a little scratchy now."  When it was just me, I was willing to just ignore it and take a wait and see approach, I mean what is the great thing about knowing you are indeed positive?  It's not like there is a medicine to take, I am fully vaccinated, as is everyone else in the house, so we should theoretically be alright.

    But now that Mijo got whatever I have, which also means it is probably not allergies because he never complains about runny nose or sneezing/coughing.  I figured I was okay because Wife is still testing weekly at work on Mondays an she had already said she was negative, so since she also mentioned having a sore throat, I figured we picked up the same bug, probably at the wrestling meet last week as we were surrounded by tons of people and no one was wearing a mask.  Wife got past her sore throat super quick, but then again she does enjoy getting any and all booster shots that are offered, such as the flu and whatever else there is.

    I tried going to CVS, they advertise that they do free Covid testing, but of course, I naively walked in and the test needs to be scheduled and only done through their drive thru, I don't know why, it's not like the guy was prepared with anything when I showed up.  I did get lucky in that the CVS a couple miles away, on Brodie and Slaughter Lane had a schedule opening at 11:50am.  I got there right at that time and was lucky again that there was only one other car in front of me.  By the time I got done, there were at least four cars behind me, not my fault, the guy inside was a little slow, in my opinion.

    I am waiting now for the results which will post in 1-2 days.  So what happens in the meantime, can Mijo wrestle?  What if he does wrestle and I find out halfway through the day tomorrow that I am positive, do we leave at that point?  What is the vaccine protecting then?  Shouldn't I have some sense of safety that if I am vaccinated I shouldn't worry about getting the virus a second time?  This shit has gotten so old, I am ready for this thing to just be called done.  Then of course Wife, ever the part time Grim Reaper, tells me a counselor just died, at the school, from Covid, as I am driving to get my test telling myself this virus is bogus.  I know it's real, but dammit, does she have to do that every time?

No comments:

Post a Comment