Sunday, December 19, 2021

12/19/21 Like Being Hungover?

     Technically, we got done with the tournament by 4:30pm, it was exciting to think we were headed home early.  I was telling Wife on the way home, we should be home by 6:30pm, I am going to nap for a bit and then we can do whatever.  That did not play out that way.  I did not want to think about eating but that is not how Mijo operates.  It only took the first Whataburger he saw for him to say he was hungry.  I did not want to eat in Bryan Texas.  It is bad enough to hear that this is the part of Texas that is still racist, I don't need to be exposed to nitwits that think that way, so I told Mijo we would just drive and eat when we got to Bastrop, at least it's right by Austin, so it should be safer.

    I guess we made it 23 miles to Caldwell before our boy saw a Whataburger and he got loud about being hungry.  I pulled over and we all ate there.  It is nice to have snacks to munch on, but nothing beats a burger when you are hungry.  It went down good and then I was done, pretty much for the day, Wife drove home, I napped.

    Stopping to eat only made the drive home that much longer.  Oh, and we did also stop at Buc-ee's in Bastrop because Mijo's friends had never been in one.  I topped off our gas and we went inside.  Wife of course has to take pictures of the kids with the beaver.  I got a few packs of chocolate covered nuts and we were on our way.  We got home around 8:00pm, and there wasn't much to do.  I started ripping the sheets off the bed downstairs because of Mijo's possible pink eye situation which mostly disappeared on its own.

    We ate some frozen pizzas and I don't even remember anything past that point.  Next thing I knew it was 11:30pm, I had fallen asleep, Wife was watching crap, or asleep, but after I got up to pee, we went upstairs.  I slept about as well as I do, waking up a couple times to pee, alternating between the bed and my recliner.  I felt pretty good by 8:00am, considering how badly we felt after the first tournament.  I really think our stadium bleacher seats help improve the comfort for sitting there for hours on end.  I am writing this at noon on Sunday and I feel a little raw, my eyes feel like they could nap, but overall, I feel okay now.  I am glad to know we won't be hurrying anywhere soon.  Wife did have the balls to ask if we wanted to go make tamales a minute ago, to which Mijo responded "No! WTF."  Wife can't say we are going to rest for the next few days, then wake up to that type of shenanigans.  I am glad Mijo responded that way, I didn't have to be the bad guy this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment