Tuesday, December 14, 2021

12/14/21 Good News For Us?

     I honestly love visiting with my folks, but with our current schedule, we have had no time to even finish our Christmas shopping, let alone plan some away time.  We are headed into our third straight weekend of wrestling tournaments as we head into the Christmas break.  Best I had come up with was telling Wife we should go visit my folks on maybe Monday and Tuesday because we have been about useless on the Sundays following the tournaments because we are all left sore and spent from being there all day.  This still was not going to allow for time to buy all the gifts we are still short on, which is really most of the gifts for the kids, really we have like 2-3 gifts right now, we have a long way to go yet.

    This is why I really enjoyed the call this morning when my Mom said they had thought about it and decided to come up because she too does not have all her gifts and this will allow her time to shop.  Mom also said they would be staying a good 3-4 days, which sounds great because every time they come, it seems to be in a rush and based on the length of a weekend.  This will give us some relaxing time to maybe smoke a brisket for them, go see the Trail of Lights or other Christmas time sights.  She did not say whether anyone else is coming, but it is rare for them to come up and not have my sister or brother follow.

    I am just glad we get to possibly finally relax, if for a week, because Mijo only has one week off from wrestling, they are going to be practicing the following week, it won't be much longer afterschool starts up in January that they go to the district meet.  I was already thinking it wasn't going to be much of a break if we were going to be gone until Wednesday or Thursday, then come back and finish some last minute shopping and stocking the kitchen with all sorts of goodies to hunker down for Christmas Eve and Day.

    I am already feeling much more relaxed today thinking we won't be running off out of town and instead we can all be under one roof.  I hate that Boy does not travel much with us anymore, but this way, he may go to work but he'll be around in the evenings, which was another reason my Mom wants to come up, so she can spend time around her first grandbaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment