Friday, December 31, 2021

12/30/21 Boy Took Us To Lunch?

     My folks were here for a few days and left yesterday.  I guess Boy told mom in the morning before he left for work that he might get out early, around 2:00pm, if things worked out like he thought they would.  I didn't know this was a working plan, my parents usually wake up and rush out of town because my dad does not like driving at night, both of them have trouble seeing at night driving, which I understand and my brother did not join them, so he wouldn't be able to drive them home either.  Anyways, when I came downstairs, my mom said Boy had given her a hug and kiss but said maybe he would make it back early enough, so I asked her if it would make a difference for them to wait around and she said it would be great, and to my surprise, the Old Fart said it would be fine too, my dad is always in a mood when we make him do anything out of the ordinary.

    We did our normal thing, Baby A went to wrestling practice at 10:00am until noon, then we went and picked him up and the Telluride, which we had left at the dealership to get an oil change the day before.  We left it overnight because we were lazy and didn't really need it back right away.  We got back home close to 1:00pm and then Boy did come home early, I would say around 1:30pm.  This made it a lot easier to go and eat.  Baby A had already said he wanted steak, it was mentioned when my parents first arrived, and he had gotten excited to go back to Longhorn Steakhouse.  We all jumped in mom's SUV and headed out, stopping at an ATM first, my parents always seem to need a little cash on them.  I rarely have more than a $20, but I guess they are old school.

    We went to the Longhorn Steakhouse at SouthPark Meadows and enjoyed a mostly empty restaurant, at that hour.  I am still not a fan of being seated right next to the rest of the people, leaving sections of the place closed off, but I get it, it makes it easier for one waiter to work more tables.  The meal was very nice, I ordered a porterhouse steak, which I had not tried before.  It was very similar to a T-bone, but I have decided I don't like T-bone steaks, they don't have much flavor.  This, on the other hand, was delicious.  I'm not sure if it was the spices or the cuts of meat, but there was a lot of flavor in every bite.  We also ordered a couple of appetizers, and everything was overall great (the onion petals could have been better).  Boy decided to pick up the check, I believe this was his Christmas gift to us, he had been wanting to take us to Estancia, the Brazilian place, but I couldn't agree to that, with meals costing $75 nowadays.  This was nice enough and the fact that he treated his grandparents and actually sat with them and discussed a lot more about his workdays, made the meal even more enjoyable for his grandma, who is always going on about not seeing him enough, now that he is more grown and more less living his life a little separately from us.

    After a great meal and a couple of pictures outside, we headed home, my folks left, and I napped about as long as it took them to get back to Crystal City.  I woke up around 5:45pm and they started texting a few minutes later that they had arrived home.  It was great to have them here for more than an overnighter, as was the norm back in the days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment