Tuesday, December 21, 2021

12/21/21 AITA?

     There is a TikTok that asks that question and people comment on it AITA stands for Am I The Asshole.  I have to ask that after last night, when apparently, we left the movie and I was fighting with both Baby A and Wife, and I don't even know why.  We went to watch the new Spider-Man movie which fine, Mijo wanted to see it, Wife had bought the tickets on Saturday while we were at the wrestling tournament.  I was fine, Wife even told me to take a nap before we went, which I did, I was as set and ready as I can be, we got there with a few minutes extra to buy our popcorn and soda and then we sat down.  If anything, I would've wanted a little blanket, the theater was cold and the leather on my legs was cold, but it wasn't terrible.  We all reclined back and got comfortable.

    It didn't help that I got a call from my brother 20 minutes into the movie, he never calls unless something bad happened.  I walked out of the movie, because my mom has been doing the hard sell that my dad is sick, I thought maybe he turned worse, but then my brother is the kind of guy that if you call him 20 seconds after he called you, he won't answer.  I texted him, then he texted back that he would call me in 5 minutes, I texted that I was at the movies.  I was in the middle of a movie, and I don't know if they are in emergency, again, nobody ever calls me to chitchat.  Then he calls to say "oh, you're in a movie, never mind, I'll call you later."  But the Ass didn't say what it was about, so I get to sit in the movie wondering what is going on back home.  I tried going back in and getting into the movie.  Eventually, Toby Maguire appears, and Wife gets excited because that is "our" Spiderman.  In her excitement, I try to add that his MJ was Kirsten Dunst, who we just happened to see Bring It On the night before, so I thought that was interesting.  No, Mijo that I love so much gives me "Shut the Fuck up, I'm trying to listen."  Fine, I get it, no big deal.  I don't think I said much of anything else, we finished watching the movie, then when we're walking out, he snaps again that I wouldn't shut up.  I snapped back that I didn't say hardly anything.

    I called my brother on the drive home, he says my niece got a scholarship to the school she just got accepted to, so even though it is a private school, it won't cost him much.  That is great news, and I am happy for her, but the timing could have waited.  With my dad being sick, and getting a call out of the blue, I was expecting the worst.

    I kind of kept arguing with Mijo at home about the movie being shitty, and he was trying to defend it.  I was trying to spin the negative into some humor, he was saying how much he loves Spiderman, I was arguing he don't know shit.  He says he knows all the characters; I mentioned another character and he stutters "Umm, umm, well..." which I used to prove my point that he doesn't know everything.  Wife tried chiming in with "well who played Sandman..." I snapped back Thomas Hayden Church, and added Lowell on Wings, because I knew she was going to then ask, "what do we know him from?"

    Once I "win" the argument with Mijo (which I was mad at him for telling me to "shut the fuck up"), and has nothing to do with Wife, but I kept doing the "umm, umm, well" sound he was making, she lost it because we can't make loud noises in her presence when arguing, she says I start sounding like my brother who yells all his arguments.  Once the Queen gets mad, all I can do is shut up because I need to bring the energy down, so I went silent.

    At this point I hadn't been mad, but there was some stress because it was now evening, and we needed to get some gifts I thought we would have until the end of the week to get.  I headed to Academy and picked out some hoodies for my nephews, not a bad gift, I guess, but also a rushed gift.  It is now Tuesday morning, we are supposed to leave here in an hour, and I still don't have all the gifts we should have.  Wife doesn't even have half her gifts, but we won't be seeing her side of the family until next week, so I guess that is okay.

    Wife and I have been together over 30 years, we'll get over the arguing we did, but I don't know how we still manage to get there.  I wanted to just take it easy all week, not do anything stressful, yet here we are.  We still haven't enjoyed any homemade cookies, haven't gone to Berdoll Farms to buy pecans, I haven't even tried to fix my grill yet, but I guess life goes on anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment