Wednesday, December 8, 2021

12/8/21 Don't Want To Say I'm Sick, But Something's Not Right?

     It was bound to happen, going to these wrestling tournaments all day on Saturday exposes us to too many humans.  The kids might be in top physical shape, but there are a lot of parents and other adults roaming the hallways and I didn't see a mask this past weekend the whole day.  I am the first one guilty of this, I hate wearing a mask and will not do it unless told to do it.  I do like to ask, I am not disrespectful, I asked the lady as we paid going into the building and she said "this is not Austin, we don't require you to wear anything (she might have added this is a free country or I just heard it in her tone)."

    Anyways, since about Monday I have been feeling a slight tingle in my throat.  Like I said, I don't want to outright say "I'm sick" because my body will take it as an excuse to fall apart and then I'll just stay in bed for a few days.  Today was probably worse than Monday and Tuesday, I basically got up, took Baby A to school, came back, drank my coffee and then ate an hour later or so and slept from about noon until 3:00pm.  I only got up because I had to go to work.  This week has been especially shitty, we got a few really big jobs and we are sharing out took currently with the other company because their tool is currently down awaiting parts to get here from Germany (this is like the 3rd week it is down).  Normally, one of our jobs consist of a couple of samples, 4-5 starts being a big job, but this week, one of them decided it would be a great idea to send a job with 24 samples, huge, from our level of normal.  Not to be outdone, another company also sent a job with 15 samples.  I know it sounds like I'm whining about having work, but it's not like these jobs lead to bonuses or extra money.  It's just overkill, in my opinion.  I don't think it helps that because I'm feeling a little under the weather, it just frustrates me more.

    Like it or not, those two huge jobs are done.  One of them is a quarterly thing, so we get those about 4 times a year, and the other was a new tool installation, so it is not likely we will see another big job like those, but who knows.  I am just trying to slide into the holidays with a casual workload, maybe even get out early enough to go have dinner with Wife and Mijo or Mijos (if Boy ever makes time) on a weekday night or two.

    I like how everybody says "it's just allergies" when we refuse to say we are sick or coming down with something.  At least for now, whatever I have is only in my chest, I have phlegm in my cough, but at least I don't really have body aches or fever.  I am hoping I don't pass this on to anyone but especially Mijo who has two more wrestling meets before the Christmas break.  I haven't even seen Wife since Sunday because I have been coming home so late, but she says she too has something going on in her throat too.  At least she can't say I gave it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment