Monday, December 6, 2021

12/5/21 Where Is The Christmas Cheer?

     It is kind of a weird year, we are now in December , almost a full week in and we still haven't bothered putting up our tree.  In past years, we have even put up two and three, this year, probably because wrestling is kicking all our asses, we just don't feel like putting in extra work to decorate the house.  Having two older boys and no little kids to feel the magic through their experience does not help either.  I was thinking maybe this Sunday we would at least put up our tree, but the weekend came and went and we barely drug ourselves Saturday evening to pick up pizzas.  I decided to go and buy a brisket early on Sunday morning just so we wouldn't be wondering what to eat later in the day, plus I felt like eating some brisket.

    At this point, we are two weeks away from Christmas break, which sounds great, but we have matches on Wednesday and Saturday to keep us busy.  I do feel bad for Mijo who spent all the rest of Saturday sleeping.  I woke him around 9:00pm to come down and eat some pizza and he jumped scared that it was already Monday morning.  He sat barely moving around all day Sunday too, saying he was sore from everywhere which I believe, the fighting is in little 6 minute packets total, but it is so intense.  We broke it down and he fought for a total of about 12.5 minutes in the three matches he had, and I guess that was enough.  It doesn't look like much when they are facing each other and they both go and grab each other's necks to submit the other, but he did it to me and there is a lot of strength pulling you down from those husky arms.

    Anyways, I keep going back to the wrestling because it is consuming all our free time right now, I love the sport but it falls in a bad time of the year, I want to focus on eggnog and shopping, not on washing sweaty clothes every day, if you don't, then things start getting stinky.  I would say I'll try to change the lights out on the stair rails this week (from Halloween's purple and orange), but today (Monday) is already underway, I just want to go back to napping, and I haven't even started the stew for tonight.

    Oh well, at least Wife put up a few things in the yard the weekend after Thanksgiving.  We might not get a tree up this year, but as Mijo said, "just put the gifts under that Halloween tree (a pumpkin base with a 3ft black limbed tree coming out, it's all good."  Yeah, I guess we aren't trying to trick little babies anymore and they just care about the gifts so that might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment