Sunday, December 19, 2021

12/17/21 Pink Eye Means Early Christmas Break?

    Baby A came downstairs Friday morning complaining that his eye felt sticky and pink.  His first thought is that he had caught pink eye, my first thought is "cool, we are excused from the Saturday tournament."  Let me say, I do love watching Mijo compete, I just hate that we have to get up as early as we do, 3:00am this weekend.  I told him to go talk to the trainer, she can help diagnose the eye better and maybe get us excused for the weekend.  She was not in the office first thing in the morning, I called her while I was out shopping for team snacks.  She said she was offsite but would be getting back to the school shortly and she would call for Mijo to go see her.  I wasn't really scared of the pink eye, and it didn't look like pink eye to me, although his eyelid did look funky to me, I was thinking it was more of a stye.  The trainer also did not see pink eye and recommended hot compresses the rest of the day to try and get the stye to come out of hiding.  As I usually do, I called my mom to get her opinion and she, along with my paranoid brother said it was the staph infection that had affected about half the wrestlers in other parts of their bodies working on the eyes and I better take him to a doctor before he goes blind, and it'll all be my fault.

    I then spent the morning after getting home trying to schedule a doctor's appointment on the Friday, hopefully between 3:00pm and 6:00pm.  I thought it was going to be impossible, but Victory Medical came through, and they were able to see him at 3:45pm.  The doctor was very laid back, he also agreed it was not pink eye but maybe a stye, although Mijo did admit that by the afternoon he really didn't feel much of anything.  I felt better for getting him checked out, considering the staph infection that is on a couple of boys' knees.

    There was no reprieve, we were cleared for battle and all that was left was eat early and go to bed.  We got home about the same time Wife did, we threw the chicken I had already prepped on a baking sheet and ate by 7:30.  All we could manage was watching a half hour show or two and off to bed we went.  It is such a weird feeling to go to bed at 9:00pm, then wake up at 11:30 to pee, and even when we did get up at 3:00am, Boy was still awake, he had entertained some friends from out of town.  We woke up Baby A, took our showers and got out the door to suffer slowly, it really kind of hurts when you do stuff like that, get up when your body does not want to.  Oh well, we showed up and did our best to support Mijo and the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment